Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 130gr TTSX in 16" .308

so your case internal capacity when loaded is a bit more than the barnes manual load..so velocity/pressure will be less...by said tiny bit... long jump to rifling MAY contribute another wee bit...the suns angle and old fellas dangle on the day a wee bit more.... chuck chronicgraph away and you would be happy with your load...
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Revisiting this - Got my hands on some lapua brass & did some more testing, What a difference some decent brass made. 130gr TTSX loaded at 146 thou off jam (mag length), 49.5gr of 2206h and its up at a flys dick over 3000fps. Pulled back a grain and it groups great at 2960 so have my hunting load sorted for that rifle

Seeing i cant leave well enough alone, anyone tried CFE223 with the 130gr TTSX in a .308? Seems to be a big thing in the states, some blokes swear by it. Yes i know micky duck "leave it alone and go shoot something with it"

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 CRD View Post
    Revisiting this - Got my hands on some lapua brass & did some more testing, What a difference some decent brass made. 130gr TTSX loaded at 146 thou off jam (mag length), 49.5gr of 2206h and its up at a flys dick over 3000fps. Pulled back a grain and it groups great at 2960 so have my hunting load sorted for that rifle

Seeing i cant leave well enough alone, anyone tried CFE223 with the 130gr TTSX in a .308? Seems to be a big thing in the states, some blokes swear by it. Yes i know micky duck "leave it alone and go shoot something with it"
    @16" and 2960 I'd say you are right In the Sweet spot and at max pressure.
    You could perhaps eek out another 20-40 fps with h335 or CFE223 but I wouldn't bother myself....and I have a full can of cfe223.
    An important consideration in today's world is developing a load you can repeat.
    Blaser, Micky Duck, dannyb and 1 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.