Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 162gr eldx

Gkp
    Quote Originally Posted by Seventenths View Post
    I'm reading this thread with interest as I'm running 162 gr A-Max but need to switch to another projectile at some stage but i have a couple hundred to get through first.

Interesting reading about the ELD-X but I've also read people get good results hunting with ELD-M including increased speed.

Anyone else using ELD-M for hunting?
    If you like the A max then you will like the Ms.
    Pretty much the same pill
    Seventenths likes this.

Gkp
    I have done a fair bit of shooting with both the 7mm 162 and the ELD-M in magnums

The 162 ELD-M is a great pill, I intended to use them in my 7mm saum but by pure accident got a 0.3 moa load going with the 168 lrab which has not let me down once. Must gave shot 60 to 70 deer with it so far from 30 to 670 yards.

The 180 ELD-M is more similar to the 168 lrab when used around the 3000fps/mv in my opinion.
    Given that it has a bit more weight retention it has no problems at short range ie under 100 yards. At longer ranges its performance shines as its high BC in the 7mm keeps the fps up which helps cheat the wind and it is soft enough to expand at lower impact speed.

I certainly haven't shot a lot of deer with the eldx as it displayed such poor performance when used at Magnum speeds on the first few I ended up pulling all my hand loads and giving them away