Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Ammo Direct

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Lehigh Bullets

What's it weigh ?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I like it a lot. 308 is more my style as I already have a 300 Blackout AR15.
    Been thinking of buying one for quite some time from NZ Guns as they are listed at $1500.
    They have been on Pre order on the site for quite some time. If they have got the tick from Wellington now I guess they will be available very shortly.
    Need a bigger safe.
    Yup - Don't know what the ordering scenario is for NZ Guns at a $1599 dollar price point (that's been the price they've stuck with since September last year at least and it hasn't moved a inch) - but I know another mob did the import and type approval for this to distribute themselves. Don't wanna talk ill of NZG as they do a good job, but I hope they can stick to their price-point given the way the US dollar has been moving around -For me it wasn't cheap to import even as as part of the inital supply that was landed so I hope they are setting the right price expectation currently for the market.

Happy to give you the detail of the importer by PM to discuss how you could get access to stock if you want.
    Last edited by Carpe Diem; 03-05-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    What's it weigh ?
    Troy quotes the weight for the PAR at 6 Lb's in 223 /300 the 308 is bit more hefty at 7lbs. - Hope that was what you were after VC.
    veitnamcam likes this.

How everyone getting on with these Lehigh Defence projectile's?
    I have been having a good run with them, massive exit wounds and blood trials on red deer, shooting goats is a waste of a good pil. The 194gr ME is definitely the best subsonic projectile I have used so far. They blow strait through shoulders and shred the insides like a broadhead. Still haven't recovered one yet on broad side shots.

Yeah the 194gr ME is really good to load very accurate(in a AR), I have only shot one deer with them but whilst I got a good blood trail with a couple of larger pools of blood I was unable to recover the animal(gutted). The dog trailed it for a couple of km but it was not to be. Not the projectiles fault it obviously produced a decent hole on both sides.
    Next I tried the 168gr CF, a little more difficult to load for but once I worked out that 2205 worked much better than N110 it was all good. I also crimped that load and it was better again. I've done lots of shooting into wet cardboard with the 168gr and without fail they expand/explode well, 4" in pretty good cavitation and the petals fracture off in a 6" diameter.
    Sounds like your having good success with shooting the 194gr methinks I will try them again.
    Cheers