Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: To reload or not reload?

Again vasoline works great for case body.tiny plastic bottle of powdered graphite and a little bit of bird shot in a jars lid, squirt a bit of the powder on the bird shot and dip the neck of case in just before resizing.dead cheap n dead easy.
    nonvegan likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

nonvegan likes this.
    Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
    https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y

Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
    https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Again vasoline works great for case body.tiny plastic bottle of powdered graphite and a little bit of bird shot in a jars lid, squirt a bit of the powder on the bird shot and dip the neck of case in just before resizing.dead cheap n dead easy.
    To be fair I always used graphite in the neck and redding case lube on a pad.
    It has worked extremely well over the years.
    I tried the hornady one shot spray case lube and I really think it is a major step forward in time saving and the cases and neck size extremely smoothly.
    Not as cheap perhaps but now prefer this system.

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Gidday Team, it's been a while.

As an aside, has anyone come across any large rifle magnum primers? See a few different brands of LR's occasionally coming in but haven't seen any magnums for bloody ages.

Anyway, some bloody good posts on here, as one bloke mentioned if you have started thinking about it you are already buggered - the likeness to brewing your own beer is also accurate as with the parralells between rabbit holes. Both will quickly grow into very big monsters (as I look at my kegorator gathering dust in the corner...)

I load for 3 of my rifles .223, .308 and .300wm I think the interest came from peering over the edge of my Grandfather's loading bench as a young fulla, watching with fascination while he loaded for pistols, the bits going in one end and a loaded round falling out the other. That and I being an anally retentive OCD perfectionist love rabbit holes and over-thinking.
    Anyway, it looked like you were making the jump so no doubt you are well down the hole by now. If you haven't already - and you don't mind a bit of reading, Nathan Foster published a guide on hand loading for rifles as part of a series. It's an excellent book and I still reference it. He's a top bloke as well, lord knows he had the patience of a saint emailing replies to my questions, I can't recommend he and his books enough. His website runs a great forum as well and is a huge wealth of knowledge.

Good luck!
    Oldbloke and nonvegan like this.