Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Stupid Question. bare with me please

I don't know what you are asking quite frankly. I don't bother with SD data. It is meaningless to me. I have a system and it works. I think I understand why your data doesn't give you the results I get and clearly you don't. I'm fine with that. As you don't have QL I can't walk you through it easily. I have done my best to explain it but I can tell its gone over everyone's head, well bar No.3 he gets it. You just keep doing what you are doing if that works for you.

I have said enough. If you read everything I have written in this thread you will understand the process, then assuming you have got the right powder you will get results. I hope that helps some of you. Or they can accept what you say that its all a waste of time and do nothing. That is entirely up to those who read this thread.

I have been as respectful as I possibly can be, I disagree with a lot what has been written in this thread and I have no need to change anyone's mind. I don't think I could.

It's shame its like this, I wasn't prepared for that.

Name:  20240809_194613.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  3.14 MB
    Dr. Death likes this.

"As you don't have QL I can't walk you through it easily. I have done my best to explain it but I can tell its gone over everyone's head, well bar No.3 he gets it."

You assume an awful lot @Taranaki Shooter. You've bowled into this forum expecting to be flamed, telling us none of us 'get it' and giving no evidence that you're here to listen, discuss and possibly even learn something. It seems your inevitable disappointment with the discussion says more about what you bring to the forum than the nature of forums in general.

I would suggest that maybe this forum isn't for you.

@Mroach - glad to hear you're enjoying reloading! It's a great way to enhance your enjoyment of your shooting and possibly hunting.

I have a 6.5 Creedmoor in a Howa 1500. I've shot a whole load of different combinations in it and I found that Re26 is an interesting but fickle option. You can get high speeds out of it but it was inconsistent for me in regards to velocity and groups. The best combination I tried was in Lapua SRP brass but that only gave the same velocity as I could get with Re16 so there wasn't really any point pursuing that combination.

Re16 is a really good powder for the 6.5CM. It tends to give a little more speed than the equivalent amount of AR2209 and I've had superb consistency velocity wise and also grouping. The biggest problem with it currently is the exorbitant price and erratic availability.

Overall it seems the wisest choice these days is to try 2209 to see if it gives you the speed and precision you're looking for in your rifle. If so, but a decent supply of it to keep you shooting for as long as possible.

Another potentially good option might also be Winchester Staball 6.5 - I never tried it myself as it used to be more expensive than ADI and similarly priced to the Alliant powders (remember those not so long ago days?).

As far as overall length goes you won't go wrong following the Hornady manual and sticking to 2.800"(71.1mm) with the 147 Eld-M. They aren't particularly sensitive to seating depth so it's really down to seeing which powder your rifle/barrel combo likes.
    Mathias likes this.