Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Which brand and model air rifle?

Take your time and select and buy a second hand Weihrauch. The trigger on this brand is very good. If the trigger is not a good one the rest of the rifle performance is degraded and is not a pleasure to use.
    SL600 likes this.

I don't have a lot of experience shooting possums with air rifles but for headshots on a bunny something shooting around 170-175 m/s in 5,5mm is more than enough. Possums will need a bit more i presume, but for headshots i think 200-220 m/s in 5,5mm will suffice. Any springer shooting with more power will be hard to shoot accurately and often will destroy your scopes.
    A quality breakbarrel (Weihrauch, Diana) will not be less accurate than an underlever. Critical to good accuracy on a breakbarrel is the breech lockup, which on Weihrauch and Diana can be adjusted to the correct tightness. On a Gamo and Hatsan i believe that is not possible and these last two usually have lower quality triggers.
    Stick to JSB, AirArms and H&N pellets.