Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree19355Likes

Thread: What little pesties did you bowl over today?

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Shot this ginger rabbit from the kitchen window 2 mornings ago with my phone. Attachment 259498
    Be careful, I'm fairly sure that is The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog.
    Trout likes this.

@akaroa1 That's cracker jack shooting! What a grouse looking scope and an absolutely beautiful rifle.

Now we all know we are not competitive people who are into one up manship! But tonight I had pretty busy day at the office Bradley. Some of that shooting ain't classy, but it is QUANTITY! I couldn't believe has many FAT! Really FAT females were about ready to burst! I reckon I got over 100 embryo tonight! Happy days!

Name:  20240924_223801.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  5.10 MB
    Tahr, Trout, john m and 7 others like this.
    "Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it!" Breaker Morant

The males are out and about, looking for females in new territory.
    Shot from about 150 metres with 17HMR CZ455.
    Name:  IMG01312.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  764.0 KB
    Trout, Shearer, Ross Nolan and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Shields View Post
    @akaroa1 That's cracker jack shooting! What a grouse looking scope and an absolutely beautiful rifle.

Now we all know we are not competitive people who are into one up manship! But tonight I had pretty busy day at the office Bradley. Some of that shooting ain't classy, but it is QUANTITY! I couldn't believe has many FAT! Really FAT females were about ready to burst! I reckon I got over 100 embryo tonight! Happy days!

Attachment 259847
    A good day at the office Bradley.
    Hugh Shields likes this.

No Pics, But am getting on top of my seedling chewing hares. have gone from seeing 16 odd in my evening round at the beginning, to only 3 tonight. Took the 270, hence no pics, and the 3 all thought they were safe at 60-70 meters. They dont get a chance to think again.

@whanahuia Someone on this Forum has the quote, "Overkill is underrated!" But 270 on 70 metre hares would be like Purple Rain! Makes my triple two on rabbits and geese look positively under gunned! Reading your post and the other post about the "Old 6.5x55 Swede," makes me think I should load some 90grn Varminter loads and go long range bunny shooting just for the hell of it!

My client where I shot the tailgate tally have a beautifully straight row of newly planted trees, all of which are DEAD! Ring barked by rabbits! Little bastards!
    whanahuia likes this.

@whanahuia Someone on this Forum has the quote, "Overkill is underrated!" But 270 on 70 metre hares would be like Purple Rain! Makes my triple two on rabbits and geese look positively under gunned! Reading your post and the other post about the "Old 6.5x55 Swede," makes me think I should load some 90grn Varminter loads and go long range bunny shooting just for the hell of it!

My client where I shot the tailgate tally have a beautifully straight row of newly planted trees, all of which are DEAD! Ring barked by rabbits! Little bastards!

It was an interesting day at the today Bradley.

I got a call about 1pm from Midlands Gardens Retirement Village head groundsman to say the three geese we saw yesterday were still there, and upper management had given the green light to have a crack at them.

As per our agreed safety plan, the walking track was cordined off, residents, airport, local businesses, adjoining neighbours txt messaged, and a Police Activty Number raised.

The staff had identified one goose as having a broken, so knowing it was going anywhere fast, I left her till last.

So picture this, about 12 villas look over this pond. All twelve had residents with their faces glued to the windows! About six staff stationed around making sure nobody wondered into the area, a spotter behind me and everybody watching me laying prone on the lawn.

NO PRESSURE AH!

All I'm thinking is, "Shoot straight you bustard, don't makes a mess of it!"

"Clear?" I asked.
    "Clear!" Came the reply.
    BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Went the triple two! (I gave one flapper a second one!)
    Three dead geese! A small cheer went up and the Head Groundsman said, "Fuck that was impressive!" To which I replied, "Just Another day in the office Bradley!" Then went back to my ute and changed my undies!

Name:  20240925_151814.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  4.45 MB

The sick goose, with the "Boken wing," is the middle of the three birds. You'll notice it looks sickly and emaciated. I think its got the POX and sure as hell it ain't going in my salami bin.

Name:  20240925_225322.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  5.14 MB

Name:  20240925_225641.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  6.22 MB

This bird has poxy wing tips, not broken wings. Can some of you experienced bird shooters tell me what's going on???

Name:  20240925_225408.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  4.60 MB

Name:  20240925_225426.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  3.72 MB

Name:  20240925_225456.jpg
Size:  5.78 MB

Name:  20240925_225513.jpg
Size:  5.77 MB
    flock and Supertweed like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Shields View Post

Yeah, Its a bastard! I actually love seeing hares and such around, and when the trees are big enough they will be great habitat. But convincing the little buggers to leave them alone docent seem to work no matter how sternly i talk.
    I have a 6.5 grendel here looking for a job, so When I get around to it Ill be loading up some of those 90's as well.
    Hugh Shields likes this.