Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 6.5 creedmoor reviews??????

[QUOTE=timattalon;1612785]
    Quote Originally Posted by steeve View Post
    @steeve That Howa on trade me is NOT a good deal.....It would be if it included the Leupold but it does not. Whther it is worth that because it is the Alpine model or not I cannot say, but a Brand new Howa 6.5CM with suppressor and same scope is $1654 at Gunworks. And that would have a warranty.....I suspect your local Gunshop will be similarly priced.

Check the auction details...."Note; sale does not include the Leupold scope and rings that are on the rifle.
    Other scope will be bore sighted when fitted.
    " and "Nikko Stirling Panamax 3-9x 40"
    Yes but these Alpine models have a much better stock than the crappy plastic stock.
    It's not a bargain but it's a fair price

Sent from my CPH2531 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmate View Post
    Hand loads?precision hunter ammo at the moment is terrible, i put some factory precision hunter 143s thru 24"prc yesterday and speeds ranged from 2690-2910.its garbage.
    I used some precision hunter thru a 270wsm a while ago and it shot like 1.5 inch groups. Ok you say, not too bad. So when I started reloading my own I pulled the precision hunter’s I had left and weighed the charges. Around a grain and a half variation in charge weight over a dozen or so rounds. Not that precise really. And the rifle averages about half that group with hand loads.
    Micky Duck and Juicy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mararoa View Post
    I used some precision hunter thru a 270wsm a while ago and it shot like 1.5 inch groups. Ok you say, not too bad. So when I started reloading my own I pulled the precision hunter’s I had left and weighed the charges. Around a grain and a half variation in charge weight over a dozen or so rounds. Not that precise really. And the rifle averages about half that group with hand loads.
    yep that's bad.i had a bit of an email back and forth with hornady.They blamed my chrono,i showed them results of some of an older box of 147 match ammo all within 30 FPS in the same shooting session to confirm chrono is good,they just continued with the same come back.Wankers!
    Micky Duck and Mararoa like this.

Go with the 6.5c if buying factory Hornady ammo. Other ammo will be cheaper running through 243, or any other common calibre.