Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Help -Setting up my Huntech Bivy first time

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Whats the cover over the chilly bin? Ive got the same bin - sale $99.
    Sorry @Thar missed your question. Its not a cover, its a cheap collapsible/folding table. Light weight and along with a folding camp chair makes life under the stars very comfortable.

Oh, and I had several 1.5ltr soda bottles rinsed, filled with water from my filtered tap and frozen solid. Left enough space in top for my few perishables and half a doz green bottles at a time keeping chilled. From Friday morning to Monday morning there was still ice lumps in the centre's of the bottles remaining after I used 4 to stick inside the carcass Friday night. Awesome little chiller bin.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Photos should be self-explanatory. Material for sleeve holding front pole was ‘reusing’ the original bag for the pole from memory. The second pole was an aluminium KIWI CAMPING REPLACEMENT TENT POLE KIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    308, Micky Duck and RV1 like this.

Forgot to add that this is not an original Huntech Bivy as they weren’t available when I was wanting one. It is a knock off North Ridge but same dimensions etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RV1
    Cool - that looks pretty neat. Thanks for taking the time to set it up and take some photos! My bivy is much lower to the ground - I've been thinking of sewing on some more tabs on the front edge to make setting up the front "fly" easier - might give some more options.
    SikaHuntaa likes this.

thats clever..you would definately have to be a bit more wind direction savy though.
    one thing Ive found with mine...unlike photos RUMPY put up,I find the tighter I can have the top the better...sure sheds water better anyway.
    its awesome near vechille with a camp stretcher to sleep on,heaps of room for me and the dog. Ive taken it up to bush line a few times too...slept in in while away on course with landsar too..take matress from in accomidation and set up over by a fence so my snoring doesnt keep everyone else awake,I sleep like a log with 4" thick foam squab to smooth out the ground LOL.
    308, SikaHuntaa and RV1 like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Probably not very clear in photos but my Bivy has 2 adjustable straps so you adjust the width I.e make it higher & narrower or wider & lower. Not sure if the Huntech has that?
    Mine has the original webbing strap beside the original pole and just a piece of cord beside the added pole

yeah it has it...never thought about it like that before though...good thinking batman.
    75/15/10 black powder matters