Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: This pisses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmo View Post
    I don’t know how to communicate what I saw regarding the monetization of hunting in the states. Long story short l, these guys have made a life out of having other people pay them to become full time hunters on private land and anywhere else they choose due to an unlimited budget…because they’re constantly hawking gear of some sort or another. I can’t imagine selling out the thing I most cherish or constantly filming myself like I’m a star…just seems off.
    One thing that I think is hard to describe or for people to wrap their head around is that most mericans have a week or two long hunting season so there’s 350 days of marketing and pumping new products and guys can’t go hunt so they buy the latest gadgets and the best camo underwear in the latest pattern available.
    I am super jaded because…man it’s just hard to describe what the 10 most popular “hunting celebrities” did to western hunting in the states over the last 10 years.
    I watched a season of the NZ hunter show on TVNZ+and as usual it seems as though kiwis are the toughest people in the world. Amazing the effort those guys put in. Amazing. Like I said, I’m jaded as F and I’m happy to be reborn as a 100% meat hunter

PS: Happy to sell GPS locations for deer/elk in CO/WY/WA/OR/ID/MT
    If you can’t beat em, join em
    Thanks for explaining that, it really helps a Kiwi make sense of what we are seeing on social media etc.

Sorry boys…gets me all worked up.
    I’m done with that hogwash.
    Shearer, kukuwai and whanahuia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmo View Post
    Sorry boys…gets me all worked up.
    I’m done with that hogwash.
    no need to apolagise......believe me your not the only one.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I see im not the only one with concerns. It looks like the Tahr foundation has been forced to issue a statement and...... funny stuff..... do an inquiry into the activity with stakeholders.

Happy Jack likes this.