Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: This pisses me off!

Not a good look for a silver fern farm stock buyer.....and the son is a builder who has been involved of ...ummm shall we just say being in possession of animal harvesting equipment on property he didn't have permission to be on and police were involved.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by whanahuia View Post
    These people are quite capable, with thier money, of doing a perfectly acceptable easier hunt on private land where they don not create such impact. They will also continue to contribute whether helihunting exists or not.
    DoC were quite clever with the heli-hunting approval process. They oblige operators to provide a cull of females ( IIRC) as a part of the concession. I'm unsure if that cull has to be in proximity of any commercial activity or not, but either way it requires the operators to do stuff in the backcountry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    DoC were quite clever with the heli-hunting approval process. They oblige operators to provide a cull of females ( IIRC) as a part of the concession. I'm unsure if that cull has to be in proximity of any commercial activity or not, but either way it requires the operators to do stuff in the backcountry.
    And yet I had a member of the NZPHGA tell me he doesnt worry about the offsets, hasnt shot any nannies for the past 2 seasons. Cos DoC dont police it! Its a total scam.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Yeah I was lead to beleive the nanny control was on a "You tell us how many you shot." trust style basis. No actual checking on compliance carried out.
    Micky Duck and Husky1600#2 like this.

A lot of you guys are forgetting, or haven't heard of Hanlon's Razor: never ascribe to conspiracy that can be adequately explained by incompetence.
    There is no DOC conspiracy... Just a bunch of people who probably care but are hampered by bureaucratic pedantry or uncaring senior leaders and are rendered incompetent at a departmental level

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Meater View Post
    A lot of you guys are forgetting, or haven't heard of Hanlon's Razor: never ascribe to conspiracy that can be adequately explained by incompetence.
    There is no DOC conspiracy... Just a bunch of people who probably care but are hampered by bureaucratic pedantry or uncaring senior leaders and are rendered incompetent at a departmental level

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.
    Gotta disagree, sorry.

For issues like this its been apparent forever that DoC have something between little and no regard for rec hunters, and that they want ungulates dealt to. Their interest in holding these guys to the so-called rules (even if they were resourced to do so) is zip.

And that's why complaining to DoC about non-compliance is a waste of time. Maybe start with the GAC, if you have evidence of breaches?

pretty damn close Eat Meater - they dont like spending money on anything that was not previously budgeted for like a court case - and they are saving birds don't ya know - ( fire is separate budget shared out amongst a number of agencies under rural fire fund ) but a court case they would have to find money somewhere so many law enforcement cases just go into big round thing - hazing a thar would not get much go ahead as a court case unless huge public out cry on the news media lots of attention and they are then shoved into action - now land a private helicopter in a wilderness area and they likely be onto ya like ton of bricks - go figure
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Meater View Post

There is a mix of both and more. There are some really good people in doc. They are just not in a position to affect this issue. Some of it is a lack of funding and resources. Some of it is a total hatred of ungulates in any form and a dislike of hunters. And some of it also is that the guides and pilots doing these activities are part of thier community and they work with them in other areas of operations.

I see article on stuff the son Caleb is in the shit again.
    75/15/10 black powder matters