Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Washing hunting clothes. (Real men can scroll on past)

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Would raise suspicion having bottles of Melathion around the house but petrol and shaved pubes he can probably get away with.
    I find it amusing that you know what the treatment is for the clap....
    7mmwsm, Moa Hunter and kruza like this.

I’ve always used regular washing pods for any type of clothing. Maybe add something for a nicer flavor but not always. And it turns out I’ve been doing it wrong for a long time, and there are many more nuances. Will I change my habit – no. will I regret it – yes.
    The only piece of clothing from my wardrobe that deserved a special wash was an expensive suit from https://www.gentlemansguru.com/. I was so afraid to ruin it that I even watched several YouTube videos about how to wash an expensive suit. I decided to handwash it prevent any washing machine flaws, which worked well. The suit still looks nice, and I wear it from time to time to formal events, but I really don’t want to wash it again.
    Last edited by loredanamaiden; 14-10-2022 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loredanamaiden View Post
    I’ve always used regular washing pods for any type of clothing. Maybe add something for a nicer flavor but not always. And it turns out I’ve been doing it wrong for a long time, and there are many more nuances. Will I change my habit – no. will I regret it – yes.
    The only piece of clothing from my wardrobe that deserved a special wash was an expensive suit from https://www.gentlemansguru.com/. I was so afraid to ruin it that I even watched several YouTube videos about how to wash an expensive suit. I decided to handwash it prevent any washing machine flaws, which worked well. The suit still looks nice, and I wear it from time to time to formal events, but I really don’t want to wash it again.
    Do you wear your suit hunting?
    Eat Meater likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

RV1
    Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Heavens... I have alot to learn. 60+ years of shooting and I've never dressed up once to go on a hunting trip!! Had no idea I had to have right soap suds too!! And its quite disappointing, but those bloody animals I've been shooting are no better educated than I am. Shot umpteen thousand of them up and down the country and not one has raised a paw or hoof and said "Not good enough mudz - you are not wearing the latest hunter fashions". Just bang, flop and they all fell down. Clearly they don't have any discernment or taste either...though the last 3 fallow on that last trip did taste very good!

But - a man must learn...and I must try. As soon as tailing is over down here and we're out shooting in north Canterbury, Tekapo, the McKenzie again, I'll take some H&F magazines with me, bookmark the fashion pages, and spread them round the hills and stations so all those bunnies, wallabies, deer etc can start to upspec on what hunters should be wearing, what suds we should be using. Probly only take a few months then next time I go to pull the trigger, that wallaby will stop, look at me, raise a paw, waggle it, complain I'm not wearing the right fashion lines - and there is a little fading with the camo jacket too. "You've got the wrong suds mudz.." I will likely look at him, accept his reproof, thank him humbly for standing still an extra 5 seconds to advise me, then shoot the little bastard.

Could be hard re-educating these old schoolers...
    That's hilarious 😆. At some stage we'll get to peak "Gucci camo hunting clothes". NZ is a small market place, I'm surprised that all the current local hunting clothing brands have survived so long.

All the supermarkets have it here in Victoria. All about the same price.

Name:  Resized_tempFileForShare_20221018-155424_162885339078785.jpeg
Views: 128
Size:  228.0 KB
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
    https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y

Sunlight pure soap, grate like cheese into a container and add a little water to make a paste, then use as you would washing detergent

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    Me too. Except my magic basket seems to fold and put stuff away too.
    yes I have one of those - I could not understand how she got my greasy work clothes so bloody clean -soaks them in NAPI SAN - well I never - makes my lunch for work to - just have to work on the deer skinning bit lol ( yes maybe a bit much )