Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: air pistols

Air pistols and air rifles are both subject to the same problem. Good, reliable and well-made examples are more expensive than conventional .22's and have less power. Cheap examples are exactly that and do not last. As a winter indoor practice tool they are great, and the good ones are capable of outstanding accuracy with match pellets. After over 50 years as a gunsmith, I learned very early on not to work on them unless they were of very high quality, as every repair just exposed other weaknesses. They are not worth the trouble and soaked up way more time than I could charge for. Most cheap .22 rifles and pistols will out-perform an air gun in all areas; power, accuracy, and reliability.
    PS; If you think you are going to solve your sparrow problem with an air pistol, give up now! A good air rifle would be far better. Something like a Sharp Innova or similar pump-up in preference to any break-barrel.
    timattalon, Cordite and Billbob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i used to own a wairauch hw45, that was a stunning air pistol
    I love mine in 22..

For birds and rabbits (head shots) why not consider a slingshot? $88 from aliexpress.com (search for: "slingshot rifle") sets you up.

A friend of ours with aversion to guns but with a rabbit pest control problem recently got herself one. It arrived on time as two separate packages.

No need for a silencer and it's not even a half-firearm in NZ law, someone correct me here please.

Name:  Screenshot_20240910_095229_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  407.3 KB
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch