Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: browning xbolts?

X bolt super!. Most comfy rifle to carry and shoot ive ever owned. Stock is the best-grip wise. Rubbery.ive owned tikkas. And while great rifles, for me the stock on xbolt and mag and bolt safety functions-cocking indicator are winners. I have 270wsm. Wish i had same in 7mmrm.......

just bought one this morning, pretty pleased with it so far it feels pretty good. gonna do a budget sight in tomorrow and see how it goes for accuracy. with a bit of luck ill be knocking over a deer later in the week.
    Danny and MattyP like this.

You won't regret it. Mine didn't end up needing a trigger job despite what I posted when trying out different rifles. I adjusted it myself to be as light as it can be set and it's fine like that. Light enough for me.

i had a peek at the trigger to see how easy it is to adjust, theyve pooed all over the grub screw with some kind of anti tamper shit, seems pretty good straight out of the box tho but time will tell.

Is it a blue or red kinda stuff? I think I remember that on mine but it was still easily adjustable. They're supposed to be adjustable, I think it's just loctite or something similar so it holds how you set it.

yeah red stuff, ill pick it off tonight and have a play. i fired a box through it today cleaning as i went, i think i need to spend a bit of time trying some different bullets it didnt seem to like the hornady whitetail stuff i got. still could smack an animal at 200 yards tho but im a fussy bugger.

Fussy is good. Federal blue box goes ok in my 243.

In fact the only thing I have found that mine doesn't like is being left home in the cupboard.

I bought a box of nearly every type of 308 ammo Gun City had for my x-bolt. It liked the Hornady Superformance, but absolutely loved Australian Outback. It didn't think much of Highland or American Eagle (FMJ I know), or several other types.

That doesn't help you much with a different calibre I know, and even another x-bolt 308 would have different preference i'm sure. I guess i'm just saying try a box of everything! I got lucky and didn't need to reload for great accuracy.

7mm08 - liked the Highlander and Nosler Ballistic tip. Then I put a Hardy Suppressor on it and cut the barrel down - then still liked the Nosler but hated the Highlander as well.
    precisionshooter.co.nz - precision rifle

yeah i think every rifle has a mind of its own when it comes to factory ammo. since im a .243 and .270 man in the past a 7mm mag is new territory. all fun and games tho
    The Bloke likes this.