Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: How good is leupolds warranty?

I would be getting a copy of the Police report and lodging a claim with your general insurer.

Leupold are unlikely to view that damage as consistant with "normal" wear and tear or use .
    tetawa likes this.

The cars not even worth a claim, new ignition and a $100 stereo will be less than what my excess would be. It's a $1000 shitter I use as a daily to stop the diesel ks racking up on my ute.

I'll see what leupold say and that will dictate if I go the insurance route or not.
    Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

Was just about to ask what your contents excess was for a $1000 car - might be worth a claim but if it's a $1000 excess the no claims bonus might be worth more over a few years.
    dannyb likes this.

Ring ASIA NZ they are the New Zealand importers they were really helpful when I called about a warranty, I think they will tell you to send it to them and you will get a replacement. You have nothing to loose but a phone call
    HNTMAD and Micky Duck like this.

I think you are lucky it wasn't a Nightforce to be fair too - they might have shoved the stereo out through the engine block with one of those...
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam, BRADS and 2 others like this.

I had a different experience with an old 4x leupold that my Nephew was using. It fogged up so i said give it to me and ill see if leupold will fix it, so local shop sent it away and month or so later got it back , think there was a $50 charge for postage and the scope seemed nice and clear to look through but when mounting the scope back on nephews rifle we realised that the adjustment turrets were around the wrong way, like the elevation turret was on the side where the windage turret should be and vice versa. WTF! we were scratching our heads till we realised that yes they were around the wrong way. Anywhere we got it sited in which was a bit confusing but ok for a set and forget scope. But the bloody thing fogged up again on a roar trip so my Nephew had to use a spare Ranger scope he had on his rifle till he could afford a new leupold freedom scope and has been a very happy chappy since.

I got one with the reticle at 45deg inside the tube, they fixed it for free but comms were crap and it took months. Still got it though.

I would send it back, jokingly complaining about its build quality, and its fitness as a crowbar. explain the situation. Corporates need a laugh too. I have had success being cheeky in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Dyls View Post
    So my wee runabout got pinched last night and taken for a joyride,

Unfortunately I had left a vx freedom in the glovebox the night before and they used it as a hammer to smash my stereo in and snapped it in half.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone think it's repairable? If it was vortex a new one would be on the way, but what's leupold like with these kind of situations?Attachment 255078
    How did you get on?

I'd be surprised if they replaced it under warranty. It's not really failed in a sense, it's been smashed... They might repair it for very little or offer you a new one at cost. It's probably worth a go but not a guarantee.
    veitnamcam, mikee, deye223 and 3 others like this.

Nervously waiting as sent away my good scope yesterday.lots of memories with this 3x9x50 old gloss variX 11 it's lived on my 223 for 25 years but when I went to adjust it the other day I noticed movement wasn't right.been getting darker/more browny on 9x for awhile so be interesting what Leupold can do for the old gal. Could be 3 month wait. Poor rifle is slumming it now wearing a kahles.
    TimC likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Local hunter has an 8x Leupold on his Vixen. Had it for years. Says he cant fault it. Ribbed him about it . He said anything within 200m is dead. Proof enuff of quality.
    Micky Duck likes this.

I think they will sort you out. I know someone who smacked theirs turret first into a tree at a fair rate of knots and bent the elevation turret. He got it back and they had repaired not just the turret but also had refinished and refurbished the whole scope. Looked like new and the only giveaway was the S/N. Best of luck there.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Smart move by Leupold, Burris too. if they go the extra mile for you they gain a return customer and by reputation, maybe a few more. Their actual cost price to supply a new scope would probably shock us. Lots of other companies could do better in this regard.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
    Smart move by Leupold, Burris too. if they go the extra mile for you they gain a return customer and by reputation, maybe a few more. Their actual cost price to supply a new scope would probably shock us. Lots of other companies could do better in this regard.
    Yes it's not the cost of producing the scope that they worry about when giving a new one out for free, it is the lost sale.
    But in Leupolds case, the extra sales generated by consumers faith in the warranty probably far outweighs the lost sales due to their replacement/repair policy.
    Micky Duck likes this.