Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Lightest nz suppressor

I ended up choosing DPT after going down this path. They are a good compromise between lightness and value and as said above you can customize them by removing baffles to find a balance between lightness and sound reduction. I like the look of the DPTs as well. From memory they were lighter than any of the other major brands I considered at the time. I think the Miniatis ones were also a similar weight but dont think you can add or subtract baffles on those ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DPT View Post
    We do a stubby muzzle forward with 3 baffles that is 150 grams, you could run it with only 1 baffle at only 100 grams in weight but the sound reduction is reduced, especially compared to our standard range of suppressors.

https://www.dpt.co.nz/shop/product/7...dular-223-mk2/
    @DPT
    Do you think there is much of a difference between the strengths of a muzzle forward and an over barrel. I imagine you would have to give them a pretty good wallop to miss align

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Remmodel7 View Post
    @DPT
    Do you think there is much of a difference between the strengths of a muzzle forward and an over barrel. I imagine you would have to give them a pretty good wallop to miss align
    The over barrel is definitely supported better on the barrel with the rear bush.
    Fssprecision likes this.

The Original Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Yeah I can imagine it's not easy.

We haven't seen any substantial progression in the development of suppressors available in NZ for maybe 10 years now, since the current crop came out. It would be good to see some new and improved products out there - the sintered titanium manufacturing looks like a great way to produce an optimised product
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_qBFWF2sw
    certainly interesting designs that's for sure
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

STC
    Quote Originally Posted by striker View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_qBFWF2sw
    certainly interesting designs that's for sure
    I wonder how exactly they are going to get any carbon build up out of there?

I used to play with 3D printed plastic suppressors, Rimfire suppressors were easy but when we started moving up to centrefire it became more trial & error, A mate used to do the printing for me so I lost a lot of control over the process as he kept making changes to my designs so it wasn't consistent, Basically too many chefs.
    If you've got a printer it is a shit load of fun.