Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Ammo Direct

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Most Expensive Rifle in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    Shows a typical Russian bad taste
    Just spend stupid money and have no idea

Pre covid and pre Ukrain invasion the top English and European gun makers were selling lots of similarly expensive and tasteless guns to Russian oligarchs
    Couldn`t agree more!

For those, who are interested to sell their home and swap for a rifle:

https://www.jagdwaffen-scheiring.at/

Cheers LMP

Since this is a German made rifle, why is it not in a European calibre like 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser? That would make more sense? Or 7x57 or 8x57. WTF is a USA clone being built buy a German craftsman? The world is such a fircked up place!
    Bol Tackshin likes this.
    "Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it!" Breaker Morant

No chequering is quite bizarre, I agree most likely a shotty ,my neighbour came over the other day and saw a few heads in my garage , said her friends husband was into shooting , he’s in the UK at the moment shooting and it looks a bit like Downton Abbey ….some of those guys have deep pockets
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Shields View Post
    Since this is a German made rifle, why is it not in a European calibre like 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser? That would make more sense? Or 7x57 or 8x57. WTF is a USA clone being built buy a German craftsman? The world is such a fircked up place!
    Because the first rule of business is

" the customer is always right even when they are wrong "
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

I have no problem with the 6.5mm calibre, but the Creedmoor was developed to fit the AR15 platform, not a double rifle. 6.5x55 would have instantly elevated it in my opinion. The choice to scope a double speaks volumes about the gunsmith and their ability to regulate both barrels to shoot to the same point of impact. Serious skills involved in that.
    Barry the hunter likes this.

Bos
    Yea I guess it does. Told my mate that a deer wont know the difference between that and an old .303. He reackoned I was missing the point.........I spose I am

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Name:  IMG_3979.jpeg
Views: 303
Size:  247.2 KB
    BRADS, Bol Tackshin and Micky Duck like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    I have no problem with the 6.5mm calibre, but the Creedmoor was developed to fit the AR15 platform, not a double rifle. 6.5x55 would have instantly elevated it in my opinion. The choice to scope a double speaks volumes about the gunsmith and their ability to regulate both barrels to shoot to the same point of impact. Serious skills involved in that.
    Apparently it's not too hard as long as the barrels are diverging at the regulation range (meaning that they need to come together at the regulating range). I'm told that if they are already crossing in front f the regulation range that can be a lot more pesky to sort out, in effect the legs need to be spread a bit more then the things adjusted back. Sounds really easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Actually I believe that the pictured rifle is a single shot with a German Set Trigger. It appears to me to be their round body model that they now also make in Titanium.
    Proudkiwi, norsk and Finnwolf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    Actually I believe that the pictured rifle is a single shot with a German Set Trigger. It appears to me to be their round body model that they now also make in Titanium.
    Yes it is indeed a Kipplauf ( elbow action ) Stutzen ( carbine ) which make its chambering in 6.5CM ( a rimless case ) a crime

Kipplauf should ( in my opinion ) only be made for Rimmed and Flanged cartridges
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

There does seem to be a trend in Europe towards outrageous walnut stocks with no checkering
    Intended to show off the wood which gives away that they are unlikely to be hunted with.

Purely a status symbol

This is what a kipplauf stock should look like with better lines. But also lacks checkering

Name:  single-shot-03-hero.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  78.2 KB

And an Ischler Stutzen. Also lacks checkering which renders it useless

Both these rifles by Franzoj who also makes the Titanium and Carbon Fiber Kipplauf which is cheaper at €40,000

Name:  single-shot-03-05.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  83.8 KB
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

If it has to be 6.5 then the x57R would be my choice.
    Bol Tackshin and Hugh Shields like this.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

Some wood finishes are 'sticky' and have good grip without needing to be checkered, I'm not sure about those but I'd suggest that the stock guy possibly knows a thing or two. I would be surprised to find they were in any way slippery and needed extra grip - considering that how many bolt action military rifles were made and also considering how many of those had checkering, I don't recall many arguments from the procurement peoples wanting them ribbed for pleasure. I think the 'bald' look is bloody good to be fair - I'd almost consider saving those bits of timber if I came across them in the firewood pile!
    Finnwolf likes this.

Kipp ( tipp)
    Lauf (barrel)
    Stutzen ( to stop short)
    Stecher ( double set trigger)

You don't really need checkering IMHO anyhow European hunting is mainly done in the Autum and winter,I bet leather palmed gloves grip just fine.

I recon the chambering hints at Chamois or Alpine hunting.. At the price say Swiss Chamois hunts sell for,I wouldn't be surprised if that gun was used in the field,whow knows?
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    Kipp ( tipp)
    Lauf (barrel)
    Stutzen ( to stop short)
    Stecher ( double set trigger)

You don't really need checkering IMHO anyhow European hunting is mainly done in the Autum and winter,I bet leather palmed gloves grip just fine.

I recon the chambering hints at Chamois or Alpine hunting.. At the price say Swiss Chamois hunts sell for,I wouldn't be surprised if that gun was used in the field,whow knows?
    Yep, shame to checker timber with that level of figure. Bet that thing shimmers in hand.

Won't be slippery at all, how many timber handled knives are running around out there without issue