Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: MRAD vs MOA: Which Do You Prefer for Hunting? Considering Zeiss Conquest V6 Purchase

Both are simple I can't see the problem using either I have one of each.

Sent from my CPH2531 using Tapatalk
    Gibo, Shearer, woods223 and 1 others like this.

If you run lots get them all as close to the same as possible, if you have one take your pick. Mil is apparently easier maths, but once your table is set up you work off that and the way the scope's dials are configured has more effect on the useability I find. If you are hunting you do need to get a hunting compatible reticle with a FFP scope is the only thing I find with them. Especially with smaller targets...
    TakaRat likes this.

I find metric / Mil easier eg smaller numbers to remember when dialing, for example a 750m shot 8.1mil is easier than 27.75moa and wind holds 1.3mil than 4.3moa then cut it back to 4.25moa because it’s in 1/4 moa clicks. Moa is ok if you got plenty of time and a single animal to contend with. Now am wishing all my scope were mil.
    Beetroot and Roarless20 like this.

Greetings All,
    I have been using a couple of mildot scopes for target shooting for some years. Initially this was for NZDA round and deer target shoots and more recently for F-class at 300 yards (275 metres). They are Bushnell fixed 10 power with a mildot reticle and exposed turrets in MoA. A bastard mix I know but they work well for me. With the deer targets the chest fits nicely bracketed with the dots which would give me an advantage if I shot better. The F-class target is a black blob 600mm in dia which fits nicely inside the inner ring of dots so this is how I aim. Once again considering my level of skill this works pretty well for me. There is a white spot 2 MoA above the target centre but I can barely see it. The scopes are fixed power so the second focal plane matters not at all. I think I bought the scopes for around $500.00 each and a third one was given to me.
    This works as the rifle is only shot over that one range and a second rifle is set up for 600 yards. Any serious hunting is likely a lost cause for me now but just in case and for possible 1,000 yard target shooting a Sendero 7mm SAUM that I bought 20 years ago was wakened from its slumber in the safe and fitted with a Bushnell 6-24 scope which is FFP with mrad clicks and a mil based reticle. We will se how it goes.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    TakaRat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    mils..... was moa

And I am probably older and grumpier than deye223
    Well I have 3 moa scopes but all the rest are IPHY