Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Pard vs Pulsar

Here we go!
    The second side of the story.Like anything there is 2 sides and often more detail to a story
    Issues do occur to all brands; Also with everything (vehicles, Computers, dishwashers and scopes) warranty claims can be denied and often someone decides to vent
    Best advice is to ask the other side if you really want to know everything

This was the only fogged scope that we had every had

It was replaced with another new one as we wanted to look further for any potential issues
    The second time was a few months later

The first one I can believe, can happen to anything and probably will or has to any brand

With the second one we tested it normally and couldn’t get it to fog, in a similar environment
    The only way we got it to fog was by putting in front of a car air conditioner vent

Someone next to me said I’ll take it and brought it then and he was paid out
    Before this person got it we took the scope was to put it outside in the rain – actually quite a storm for a week in the rain, damp and sun – nothing happened – it wasn’t repaired in anyway either
    That was 8 months ago and the scope is still fine

He also threatened to tell everyone about PARD; which I said fine but tell the full story and say the truth

This post (their first and only post)

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Weird how it was ip67 waterproof rating yet water droplets still got inside. And the chaps above also has water droplets in it? I’m just letting people know my experience I had with pard and how it was handled. You just said the second time you did manage to get it to fog up though, so it did fog up? Which is exactly what I was saying. If it fogs up, it’s not fit for purpose. I was side by side another guy hunting when it fogged up and his unit didn’t so I wasnt doing anything to make it intentionally fog up. Like I said before, why would I want to go out of my way to make a unit faulty. That is totally pointless. I was one of the first to text you when I bought the scope to say how good it was (ds32) but when it fogs up and water droplets get behind the lens, it’s not fit for purpose for me. I’m not going through all this again with you on the forum. I’m simply sharing my experience with pard. I’m sure I’m not the only one either.

Quote Originally Posted by samohtxotom View Post
    While it is possible to use a clip on NV without parallax adjustment on your scope it's certainly no where near as clean and your range is limited. I would actually steer away from a dedicated NV scope as they have a much more limited zoom range than traditional scopes, if you're at relatively close range it'd be good, but I can count points on stags out to 600m with my clip on with an external torch which you definitely couldn't do with a dedicated NV scope
    You actually used many different NV scopes? I'm currently using a Hikmicro Alpex on my dedicated night rifle and with 3.5-14x zoom it does the job for me. Longest shot on deer is 380m in vineyard situation, so easily known distances. However, I do know that I can see barbs on a barb-wire fence at 300m and gate catch staple at 463m clearly, the barbs can be seen on a moonlit night without IR light. The 4K version may be even better as may be the Arken Zulus. Until I break this one or use someone elses unit I won't know. As posted elsewhere, I have used NV since the eighties and Thermal gear since the mid nineties and aquired a bit of experience. I'm happy with the NV I've got but may upgrade one day, may even go back to thermal scope.