Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Real or fake?

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Continuing to post in light of being shown to be wrong a lot of posts back, is surely done to antagonise or upset.
    It's one thing to be a subject matter expert and give expert advice (which is highly commended), but to shit on someones auction because you have a feeling something is not right, is not cool.
    I had someone report a couple of my Atlas bipod auctions as fake, and they got pulled numerous times to the point of TM threatening to suspend my account. All while the clear knockoffs were left on TM to sell.

And yes this TM seller in question is not the best. Poor photo, no serial etc

Yeah well, I see no bad intention....we don't have to agree, but we do need to respect and accept differences.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    The TM seller posting the serial number under the scope would solve many concerns.
    that's not always 100 percent guaranteed though. I've seen scopes that adjust on the piss, bought from a retailer and have the right serial number.

@quentin
    You seem to coming into this with an existing issue with TM (they aren't my good friend either) and laying it on me. Not my problem sorry.
    I admitted being wrong with the old style boxes.
    Leave it as that please.
    quentin likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    I bought an iray ch50 clipon from this guy, what turned up was the newest V2 model I didn't know had been released. Yes its genuine. A few weeks latter he sent me an extended battery holder for 16650 rechargeables. Three years on and its great. I think he deals in grey market stuff out of Europe. There does seem to be some alliexpress stuff on his site but its not being advertised as anything but generic unless Iv missed something??
    Im not promoting him at all, just giving my experience.
    He conviently doesnt include the actual serial number just emails saying they are legit on the vortex and Minox scopes both of which have at times been on Ali. The tikka qd mount used to be on Aliexpress and theres no way he imported an AAC suppressor out of the US with the paperwork involved and is selling it for that cheap (nevermind they dont make aluminium suppressors) but you used to be able to buy AAC "Solvent traps' on Ali. Iray is chinese isnt it bet he just had a contact in China. Im sure some items are legit and grey imported but enough isnt that id steer clear

Issue wasn't with TM as such. Issue was with someone incorrectly reporting my listings. This is what got my back up.
    End of rant

@quentin the TM seller posted the serial number of his gun safe for his other auction.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    He conviently doesnt include the actual serial number just emails saying they are legit on the vortex and Minox scopes both of which have at times been on Ali. The tikka qd mount used to be on Aliexpress and theres no way he imported an AAC suppressor out of the US with the paperwork involved and is selling it for that cheap (nevermind they dont make aluminium suppressors) but you used to be able to buy AAC "Solvent traps' on Ali. Iray is chinese isnt it bet he just had a contact in China. Im sure some items are legit and grey imported but enough isnt that id steer clear
    So steer clear . We all get to choose were we spend our money.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin