Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Suggestions 223 PRS suppressor

I'm running the Oceania Defense 556 QD suppressor. https://gunsnz.com/index.php?route=p...scription=true

On the other side, 223 isn't ideal for the PRS where targets are sometimes 600m onwards. It is really hard to spot the impact from an 223 in a windy day, and sometimes it is really hard for spotter to observe your trace and impact so miscalls happens.

I had a go with an a-tec prs in the weekend, it was on a 6.5 creedmoor so generated a bit more recoil than a 223. I really liked it, less gas distraction and reduced noise. I'd either look at something like that or just run it bare. I ran my 6 bra for a decent time with no brake or suppressor etc and found it quite enjoyable.

Iv got dpt and the kaimai compact I’m no engineer but the kaimai seems very well made I’m a huge fan very minimal recoil in my 708 shooting 150gn projectiles a lot of stainless steel in it and some sort of internal looking muzzle brake which I’m sure helps the felt recoil all my other rifles have dpt mk11 magnum and non magnum love them to I think you’ll be happy with any of the options your looking at all will have their pros and cons but over all you have listed quality options

Have you looked at a Waitaki Engineering stainless muzzle forward can. Work well on 223. Never had a problem with mine and they got seriously hot on AR when goat culling.
    Shamus_ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    A-tec definitely and one of the PRS models, not cheap but will last and handle the jandal of multiple shots in a short space of time
    and permanantly fit the A-Lok adapter to the suppressor unless you are shooting at close range only, I learnt the hard way
    Interested in why to permanently attach it?