Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 4wd vs ATV vs SXS

Fuk

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    For basic tracks and formed flat areas Quads are fine - it's only when you get to slippery or steep (or fast as F boi) that they can bite you in the arse and quick. Square geometry (as wide as long for most of them) makes them inherently less stable than most people think - same category as the little Suzi Jimnys and the like to be fair. Having said that, I've seen a couple of cockups with SxS's that really had potential, and it was pure luck that no one got seriously injured or ended.
    Think you'll find that there are a few "mishaps" with side by side which get categorized as 4 wheelers as it suits the agenda.

I personally know of 2 people killed by sxs. Doesn't matter what vehicle your using. If you take it where you shouldn't, or go too fast, or your too busy looking for deer instead of where your going ( think we are all guilty of that!) Shit can go wrong real fast. End of the day probably still safer than driving a car on the open road!.

Sent from my SM-G525F using Tapatalk
    XR500 likes this.

I know myself id rather be on a ATV when shit goes wrong than a sxs & have my head hitting the steel roll bar as no one wears helmets
    m101a1 likes this.

I've viewed the GoPro footage of some poor tourists in their side x side tumbling off a mountain. Note: when airborne the inertia seatbelts do not hold you tight, and you get thrown from one side of the vehicle to the other, bashing into all the roll frame protuberances, but can't get thrown free.

In steep country a side x side is slightly more stable cross slope than a quad, but conversely on a 300kg quad a 100kg rider has a lot more authority when moving that weight about. Its called active riding for a reason. And its a whole lot easier to abandon ship IF YOU ARE ACTIVE RIDING, and not just sitting down being a dead weight on the quad.
    tetawa, rugerman, No.3 and 1 others like this.

Yep that's right xr500 I try to avoid sliding but do go up some very steep stuff some times you need to rearrange the load so you have the weight in the right place ie climbing up a very steep hill put all the heavy shit on the front to get it down.

Name:  rhin.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  759.2 KB
    Name:  def.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  860.1 KB
    I like the idea that no matter what happens I do not have to rely on driving the wagon home. No problem in the south when I towed it down for a trip , easier to handle if it gets stuck .
    BRADS likes this.
    Those that can do - Those that can't bitch about those that can