Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 50cc scooters

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    Aprilla any good?
    Probably the best of the Italian ones, piagio are made of Spagetti

Mopeds are huge here because kids can't get a car license until they are 18. Therefore everyone has had a scooter at some stage.

One of the most fun motoring experiences I have had was taking part in a 350km moped race around the fjords.

" What's the simularity between a fat chick and a moped?"
    " Both are fun to ride until your mates find out"
    erniec and outlander like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    @blip I did what you were thinking, though I couldn't find a chinga made one that I was happy with. I opted for Yamaha Jog which was a great machine for whipping to the shop etc. It has a Minarelli based engine and go fast bits can be bought from the likes of Scootling online. I changed the weights in clutch & removed a washer to allow rear pulley to close up & increase speed. It went from about 50kph to 62kph with that mod. One of my boys used it for school until he got his full car license, then I regrettably sold it on.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    outlander likes this.

Yea thinking second hand jap. Getting knocked off or even killed doesnt really bother me. Already had to face my biggest fear so not much matters now...still got to have your wits about you tho

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    Yea thinking second hand jap. Getting knocked off or even killed doesnt really bother me. Already had to face my biggest fear so not much matters now...still got to have your wits about you tho
    Look for the Minarelli based engine scooters. It's a proven Italian design used by a few Jap manufacturers too, like Yamaha.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    XR500 likes this.

@blip, Just throwing it out there, you were asking for suggestions for a project a few months back, what about getting a 2nd hand one and fixing it up?, Yes I know you already have a project on the go, but for a little while you could have two projects on the go. A 50cc scooter can still have some street cred, starting with being restored vintage.

Yep I can do that a good start will be a complete hopefully still reg one