Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Seeking collective wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Delphus View Post
    Hey team.
    Just am seeking the forums collective wisdom around my vehicle. I have an ‘09 Suzuki Escudo with 150k on it that does the job. I am on the fence around flicking it on and getting something more reliable. In my ownership I have replaced the motor (70k less than the rest of the car), the transmission and the computer. Most of that has been under mechanical breakdown insurance, but I have still forked out about $4k in excess and shipping etc. also the motor swap was more than the max claim allowance. It has not been a reliable vehicle, and I have used up the insurance max.

The fuel gauge has recently been playing up. The dial will drop to zero and the fuel light will flash. This lasts about 5 mins, then will revert back to normal. At my last fill up the dial did not show full for about half an hour, normally it goes up full right away.

My confidence in the car has dropped. I am on the fence about just getting rid of it and starting again, or keeping it due to having spent so much money on it. I’m even thinking about just buying something with a very basic 4wd that will get me up the mountain, but not anything serious off-road.

My original plan was to put a lift in this to give it more clearance, but if I do that I’m keeping it.

Should I just suck it up and drive it till it dies? Sell and buy an older diesel Ute or suv? These will have their own issues as everything in my budget will be 20+ years old and be 250k+I would love a prado or something with 7sears for my growing family.

Or do away with it and buy something more modern that won’t survive anything more than a gravel road. Most of my hunting blocks don’t require 4wd to get to, but I really love to have the ability to get more places than a standard car can go to.

I keep flip flopping between all options going round and round in circles!

Sorry for the rant. Advice welcomed
    Keep it with all the money you spent on it.Sell it,you are only giving someone else the benefit of yr money you spent on it.Dont worry about ranting,everybody is allowed to rant and be pissed off.