Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Truck Canopy Guru ... ?

Updating this matter to say a very satiosfactory resolution to the leaking canopy issue was achieved.
    Initially I had it booked with one service outlet for a specifically timed morning slot as I needed the truck that afternoon. When I arrived early to deliver the truck I was informed that delays would mean work would not start at the booked time and they could not offer assurances I would have the truck back when needed. That was annoying. I had to cancel the booking and depart.
    Sometiome later I talked to ARB at Highbrook who were happy to make a booking suitable for my then time constraints and I took the truck in on the appointed date. The helpful young guy attempted a fix, wasn't certain it was absolute and said to let them know if it still leaked. They did hose the canopy on site first and apparently it seemed OK. I offered payment to the site manager but he said the work was gratis.
    I drove the truck around on the next rainy day and it still leaked so made another booking and went back. Another guy did a bit more work and thought it was nailed. Again ARB wouldn't accept payment but said, again, let them know if it still leaked, which it did when I next drove in rain.
    So, a third booking was made and I went in very early as asked. Three guys ( soon two ) got into it immediately. I was invited to watch the work in progress. The entire canopy was jacked off and all the contact area between the wellside and canopy was cleaned up, the original canopy seal removed and a new seal attached and a couple of ( plastic / nylon ? ) panels unscrewed then reattached after silicone was liberally applied to screw holes, A long silicone bead was also applied along the front edge of the new canopy seal and silicone spots applied over other screw heads in that frontal area. The whole deal took a couple of hours and we all had fingers crossed that this problem was finally resolved. No mention of any payments due for this.
    The next and subsequent rainy day drives proved that weather tightness has been ahieved. Not a drop of water entering anywhere.
    This was the same ARB dealer that originally installed the canopy. Although it's a different buch of guys to those I dealt with there then the product back up still seems to be first rate. In an earlier incident the two struts supporting the canopy's back window panel suddenly failed just after the 12 month warranty and wouldn't keep the window open. ARB immediately obtained two new struts which were replaced and fitted free despite the expired warranty.
    All in all I'm very happy to report on these very positive dealings with ARB Highbrook, another business with great custmer servive policies.
    RUMPY, Shamus_ and No.3 like this.

I think the consumer guarantee's act can have you covered beyond the normal warranty in some cases.
    30.06king likes this.
    may be sarcastic may be a bad joke