Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Gun city opening in Palmerston North

Would kinda line up if they took over the old Torpedo7 building "off" rangitikei street...it's big enough, good access and parking etc its empty..
    rugerman and Sika 8 like this.

Yeah that would be a good site for them!

BFA
    Quote Originally Posted by John Duxbury View Post
    Probably due to the Dunedin one about to close. They have no customers, due to absurdly high prices and the dumbest customer service of any gunshop I have ever been in. And I have been in a lot. I overheard two unemployed staff once talking about how they had spent the whole eight hour shift the day before on their phones. Meanwhile Hunting and Fishing across the street had sixty people in it.

Don't get too excited about Gun City coming to town. You're not going to get much out of it. You're a customer, one of those people they look down on and enjoy ripping off. Remember when David Tipple came on the old forum in person and defended has used gun prices by saying, some idiot will buy them.
    I would, by a country mile, far rather support (and do) the small local retailers than big business. Turners in Feilding is a great example of a small town sports shop that has a reasonably wide range of equipment at fair prices, with the added bonus of deaĺing with the owner, or Phil, both of whom are knowledgeable about their products and local hunting and fishing information. It'd be a sad day to see these small shops disappear for the sake of an extra few dollars, or waiting period for ordered items to appear.
    Micky Duck and XR500 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiisixthree View Post
    Would kinda line up if they took over the old Torpedo7 building "off" rangitikei street...it's big enough, good access and parking etc its empty..
    That would make it roughly 10 times bigger than it's Wellington store
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Oh I haven't heard anything but if true having somewhere other than the current Palmy place is a bonus. I also shop at dead eye dicks which offer great prices. I used to shop at Hammils I think it was

True.. can't think of any other places ready for a new shop in that area tho...maybe Roxannes is selling up.. the gc hamilton guy was adamant it was going to be the next 9 or 10 days. He's waiting to send me something there that I ordered.. can't be arsed driving up to hamilton for it.

Hi all
    In the Chch GC yesterday and they confirmed that hopefully opening at the start of November.
    Ruger7mm
    rugerman, 308 and Shinobiisixthree like this.