Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New Leica Rangefinding Binoculars

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Yep saw that a while ago, thanks, shame they didn't have the ELs to test.....

R93
    I have played with the HD B's for a a day but not side by side with Swaros. Have you?

I have had Geovids for years before Swaro decided they had missed the boat & finally made some range finding binos......
    Ha Ha Ha they still got here before 2 yrs before the HD B's
    Last edited by R93; 26-01-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    How are they superior Sam? Do they range further? Faster?
    Based on the pair I used for a week tahr hunting, the Leica's are both faster & range further. At the time i was comparing them to a crf1600 which easily out did the Swaro in all conditions. Often the Swaro struggled to range at say 1km whereas the Leica's would easily go 1400-1500 & faster. The HD-B's are comfortably better than the crf1600 (I still have the crf1600 to compare against). Granted there maybe variations between pairs but this wasn't a minor difference. My brother had his hd geovid there as well and they out did the Swaro probably 50% of the time. He (bias though) liked the Leica's better.

The Swaro's I had were the same pair that KG would have borrowed, and belong to the person you got your pair from. Obviously you got a good deal on your pair as they aren't anything like that "cheap" now...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

R93
    I got my swaros from an overseas member so I doubt you borrowed any from him.

The pair you borrowed were obviously and seriously fucked!!! Mine have never, in any conditions other than fog, failed to range under 1000m. I have had ranges to 1999m easy, in good conditions.

I will catch up with smiddy in a couple weeks and we will do a fair, but layman comparison. So far it has just been bullshit. There is no way the HD Bs are that much, if any at all better than the Swaros apart, from software.
    Last edited by R93; 26-01-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post

The Swaro's I had were the same pair that KG would have borrowed, and belong to the person you got your pair from. Obviously you got a good deal on your pair as they aren't anything like that "cheap" now...

I distinctly remember getting the HDs for around half the price of the Swaros from the same source Dave got his from.

I got the HDs for 2k & was quoted about 4k for new Swaros, that's miles away from 3K .....

I have heard the performance of the Swaros varied tremendously with some doing 2000 yards easy & others barely managing 1500...

Maybe that's sorted now ?

AB Precision
    Can vouch for r93 price, not brought local and still easy to get in

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I distinctly remember getting the HDs for around half the price of the Swaros from the same source Dave got his from.

I got the HDs for 2k & was quoted about 4k for new Swaros, that's miles away from 3K .....

I have heard the performance of the Swaros varied tremendously with some doing 2000 yards easy & others barely managing 1500...

Maybe that's sorted now ?
    You are talking thru your large ass Greg! You have no idea where or who I got my Swaros from, so pull you knob in. I payed $2870NZ. Landed!!!!!!
    So if your HD B's are say $1600 bucks worth better than my Swaro's, then good on ya!!!

I hope to have the pleasure of a hunt with the kind member who made that happen for me.

Should be easy to get the HDBs in as well if you can find them.

Euro optics has them listed for $184 US cheaper than the Swaros

Dave who cares what you paid for stuff years ago.....it doesn't mean that guys can get it for that price right now.....

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Dave who cares what you paid for stuff years ago.....it doesn't mean that guys can get it for that price right now.....
    You were wrong, so now you dont care.

I am pretty sure I still can get HD B's or swaros way cheaper than advertised anywhere in NZ. Good Contacts. HeliHunting paid off for some eh

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    I got my swaros from an overseas member so I doubt you borrowed any from him.

The pair you borrowed were obviously and seriously fucked!!! Mine have never, in any conditions other than fog, failed to range under 1000m. I have had ranges to 1999m easy, in good conditions.

I will catch up with smiddy in a couple weeks and we will do a fair, but layman comparison. So far it has just been bullshit. There is no way the HD Bs are that much, if any at all better than the Swaros apart, from software.
    My mistake, I thought you had got your pair locally :confused:

Certainly highlights the variation from pair to pair then. Based on the pair I used I would not be buying the Swaro's... Be good to have a look through a representative pair at some stage although now I have my HD-B's I won't be changing...

If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

You were wrong, so now you dont care.

I am pretty sure I still can get HD B's or swaros way cheaper than advertised anywhere in NZ. Good Contacts. HeliHunting paid off for some eh
    Dave no I don't care what you paid/pay for stuff, talking about how cheap you can get or got stuff for using which ever contacts you have years ago is immaterial.....

Normal guys can't get new EL Swaros for under 3k today....... even importing them & not paying GST.

The retail price for the Swaro, Zeiss & HDBs is about the same give or take 10%.

R93
    Agreed. But you were trying to tell everyone where and how much I payed for my binos, when you had no clue

Please talk nicely to each other guys or I will whip my delete button out. I don't care if you disagree just don't resort to calling each other names, it makes you look like kids.

Agreed. But you were trying to tell everyone where and how much I payed for my binos, when you had no clue
    Agreed, I was wrong about where you got yours from, but I didn't tell everyone how much you paid for them, you did...

Trust the dog.........................................ALWAYS Trust the dog!!