Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Ammo Direct

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: omeal review

just do what tasman from NZ Wild Adventures does and make your meals from scratch in the field. Carry manual mincer, cast iron frying pan and tinned ingredients in your pack
    Micky Duck, MB, RV1 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad S View Post
    just do what tasman from NZ Wild Adventures does and make your meals from scratch in the field. Carry manual mincer, cast iron frying pan and tinned ingredients in your pack
    Don't forget the cane steamer for the steamed buns!!
    Brad S likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post
    Don't forget the cane steamer for the steamed buns!!
    And a gas torch for cream brulee

Sent from my CPH2531 using Tapatalk
    TimC and Brad S like this.

I waiting for the camp oven to appear so he can make fresh bread with his meal. I'm sure he will one day soon.
    csmiffy likes this.
    Happy Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post
    I've still got around 60 odd Radix ultra meals (meat based before they went vego) found they sit well with me.

After a few days of back country's i get crook guts, which then escalates into emergency bum wee's, never again!

Am yet to try O'meals, i do like the concept of self heating!

My wife bought me some real meals which i'll try next time Obviously i'd also much rather eat bacon and sausages etc... but i'm not carrying that for a week.
    Ditto after few days of bc guts is no good and gets worse each day u keep eating haha. Although i like the dairy based deserts. Meat radix especially lamb was good all stuff now is vegan and average. Real meals way better on the guts I found and nicer. Gotta break up with proper food after 3-4 days if u can carry it.

Those sealord Tuna sachets are good for a bit of protein and taste good, until the back steaks hit the pan!

I've make homemade meals, vacuum sealed, frozen and carried in. 500 grams, taste great, kind to the gut, don't require additional water and really look forward to dinner. Spag bol veni mince, chicken pad thai, bang bang chicken, sweet n sour pork... Homemade veni burgers, buns and cheese. Garlic pita pockets with eggs (just store in the top of your pack in the normal box), cheese and bacon. Eat the chicken dishes earlier in the trip and save the beef/veni packs for later. Breakfasts - to Hubbards granola add cranberries, macadamia nuts and milk powder (just add water). Heat up in a pan without a handle. Bring in olive oil and coconut oil (to add to coffee and Asian dishes) for additional fat/caolories. Weighs up to 900g a day to eat like this with snacks/bars, but have reduced pack weight in other major areas. Another benefit is not having to carry/get additional water when up high. No more unenjoyable meals on trips. And meals don't cost $17 a pop.

Name:  a.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  4.59 MB
    Sweet n sour pork
    Ryan_Songhurst, RV1 and Sika 8 like this.
    "Death - our community's number one killer"