Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Refrigeration for your hard earned venison

For about $40 or even less you can turn any upright or chest freezer into a temperature adjustable fridge using an STC1000 temperature adjuster . Wiring is easy following this diagram . Just wire up the cold-side leave out the hot and stick the whole thing in a project box and run the freezer through it. I also wired in a fast blow 10A fuse on the phase side. With plugs on both sides you can move it between freezers to make temporary fridges. Very easy and works well. Heaps of info on the web about wiring these up. Mostly home brew guys. I have two upright freezers wired using these as chillers and they work well. The have a soft start function (I set them so the compressor kicks in when the fridge hits 5 degrees then takes it down to 3.5 degrees) so you can be gentle on the freezer compressor. Once everything is down to temperature they only kick in infrequently, so probably pretty good on power too.
    Last edited by yerimaginaryM8; 30-07-2024 at 09:05 AM.
    Bushline likes this.

Currently have a newish 331 litre fridge in the garage to age veni and such. Seen online internal stainless steel hang frames so no drilling into the fridge walls required. But not available to fit my fridge size. Anyone know of a fabricator in Canterbury that would likely make a custom job? Just want to hang skinned out legs not whole carcass.

You checked out Mitre 10 and the like for the metal closet organiser systems? These things basically bolt and click together - and can carry a surprising amount of ladies clothes... I'm sure you could adjust a kit to size it to fit a fridge, and a bit of 6 or 8mm stainless rod bent up for hooks etc.

thanks, will have another look at Mitre 10. I already have/use the butchers stainless meat hooks but not in the fridge.