Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: A few pictures to pass the time

Just another outdoors addict
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Tim do you do any shooting with an actual gun. With all these photo it doesnt seem like you would have time.
    Occasionally! I enjoy trying to get good pictures though (some posted go back as far as 07). Even with average pictures others can see or share in some of the things I've been lucky enough to do.

You left the best to last Tim .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I love that last photo of your dog. I am in awe of the time you must have invested and it must be hugely rewarding for you to see an animal that you have trained perform so well.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I love that last photo of your dog. I am in awe of the time you must have invested and it must be hugely rewarding for you to see an animal that you have trained perform so well.
    Max is a gem for sure Rushy. There are a few rough edges as I am no professional trainer. He is a natural hunter that I have tried to place controls on and I have also tried to teach him some etiquite. He is definetly an extention of my capabilities. My previous dog (Jack) got run over three weeks before the season and I soon worked out how many places I rely on a good dog to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    You left the best to last Tim .
    I won't disagree. I was wrapped to catch up with that sucker. Great fun.

Great photo's and memories, something that no man can take away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Allen View Post
    I must have one with a swan and a pukeko retrieve but I am done looking I found another folder within a folder of previously used pics that I hadn't sifted through for this thread. I need a system, well a better one!
    Found one!

These are a few "ing" pictures
    Watching

Waiting

Fixing

Fetching

Wading

Shooting

Tidying

Counting

Last edited by Breda; 24-04-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    Toby likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Smash ing and Stunn ing, Tim
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely

Awesome photos I need to look at shotguns soon - not enough time to save up for this season.

Few techy things (if needed)
    To clear space on your computer - use CCleaner -CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    And an easy way to see what photos you have on your computer, and upload them - Picasa - Picasa

If ya need help with them, PM me

K95
    Great pics Tim, grab yourself a hard drive from Dicksmith $90 odd for 500GB of memory that you can take with you to show friends etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumoe View Post
    Awesome photos I need to look at shotguns soon - not enough time to save up for this season.

Few techy things (if needed)
    To clear space on your computer - use CCleaner -CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    And an easy way to see what photos you have on your computer, and upload them - Picasa - Picasa

If ya need help with them, PM me
    Thanks Kumoe. I have Picasa, but haven't really used it much. I tend to download and edit on a quite large Fuji programme I have because I know how to "forum" scale pictures on that. It is clunky and old school I suspect. I also have a reasonable Canon editing programme I don't use. I am in a bit of a state with my pic editing/ storing

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr-Bound View Post
    Great pics Tim, grab yourself a hard drive from Dicksmith $90 odd for 500GB of memory that you can take with you to show friends etc.
    Cheers Tahr-Bound. I have an external hard drive and suspect it has half a million copies of the half million pictures clogging up my poor lappy

Although most of these pics are ones I wouldn't use anywhere else I enjoy going over them and it would seem others quite enjoy a reminice with me. I have to harden up and delete folders and delete completely useless photo's at the time they are downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Allen View Post
    That one is a Rayburn. If I could offer tips for cooking on woodstoves (I'm not really qualified to give cooking tips) the first would be allow time. They are not as instant as electric or gas ovens. We need to learn how to "drive" them. For mine there is distinct ways to either get the oven ready or get the hot plates cranking- especially as there is a water booster working against me initially. Position in the oven is also huge as to what you are trying to achieve. I am no Ramsey (though I can swear better and with more passion) but I do mean scones and most roasts aren't to shabby using the woodstove.

Interestingly I do alot of cooking of large chunks of meat in a hooded BBQ and with the exception of one healthy fire due to a very fatty leg of Two Tooth have had great success.
    My parents have a Rayburn...what I love about these stoves is that the kitchen becomes the centre of the house because of the wonderful stove...in the cold months the house is always warm...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Found a few 2010 + 2011 pics off Trailcam at my home pond. Not a heap of action but gets better every year

Name:  Sparrows.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  366.7 KB
    Name:  Duck.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  292.6 KB
    Name:  Ducks 011.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  270.6 KB
    Name:  Nigerl no mates.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  188.3 KB
    Name:  Nightflash.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  188.6 KB
    Name:  PukFam.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  364.7 KB

The ducks did not seem to mind the camera.
    The plant in front was a a pain had 250 images of it..
    Breda and Toby like this.

I may have put this up in here last year? You will have seen a few of the pictures earlier in this thread. It made me smile and think Saturday morning isn't rolling around quickly enough.

The Duck Hunters Journey_0002.wmv - YouTube