Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Buy Cheap on Forum then Sell for Profit on TradeMe

ive been given gear on here,for free and at very little cost and indeed ive sold gear etc .I wouldnt dream off hocking it off on TM.had a run in with a prick from ashburton who sold me a set of binos ,allegedly top quality imported .yeah found out he was a scavenger at the dump and 2nd hand places who grabbed shitt geary wiped it over and flogged it at profit .the arseholing principle was quickly deployed!
    Unlike TM there is an unspoken ethos on this forum and it should be abided by.
    Trout, Brian, Steve123 and 6 others like this.

its a bit like the hawkers here who turn up at garage sales early try to grab a bargain - then next sunday here they are at the free garage boot sale flogging it all again - well to those I suppose they are not wealthy looking - making a bit to supplement pension --but if true the buggers who falsely claim for young hunter get bargain and then flog on trade me for a profit - named and shamed
    Last edited by Barry the hunter; 13-08-2024 at 12:28 PM.
    Steve123, Micky Duck, Ned and 2 others like this.

Well for the record I've never claimed poverty buying or selling on here and totally agree doing so is dishonest and extremely bad taste. I've happily bought, sold and given away with forum members and will continue to do so without any goal of gouging. I'm just selling items that I don't have a use for. If you don't like me you're entitled to that opinion, I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to buy from or sell to me. Thanks to those members who have made supportive comments.

Probably not a popular opinion but if you paid what the seller wanted for item it is yours. Once its yours you can do whatever you like with it. You dont see pak n save etc getting upset at the dairy owners buying stuff cheap off them and selling it for more. Just how the world works unfortunatley and theres not much you can do to change it. On the odd occasion Ive given or sold cheap to a newbie or helping a young one out ill ask lots of questions. If they are genuine they wont mind answering them...

Quote Originally Posted by Jwabfrog View Post
    Well for the record I've never claimed poverty buying or selling on here and totally agree doing so is dishonest and extremely bad taste. I've happily bought, sold and given away with forum members and will continue to do so without any goal of gouging. I'm just selling items that I don't have a use for. If you don't like me you're entitled to that opinion, I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to buy from or sell to me. Thanks to those members who have made supportive comments.
    thanks for the explanation happy hunting
    Jwabfrog likes this.

Why would you buy something on the forum and sell it somewhere else? Wouldn't it be better to offer it here again to benefit so.eone else.
    I think more here sell stuff at a reasonable price and if it's to expensive are soon told so.
    But to buy from here and sell elsewhere immediately is dishonest in my opinion. The mere fact that you don't resell it on here points to that

Its only dishonest if you stole it?

Really, who cares. If you sold it and were happy with what you got then why cry if someone else (the buyer) sees an opportunity to move it on for more in a different market.

Free Market is what makes us great. You don't have to sell it, "they" don't have to buy it.
    Fatberg, Jwabfrog and blip like this.
    Trust the dog.........................................ALWAYS Trust the dog!!

Comes back to that whole "Ethics" thing.

Everyone has differant ethical standards that they live by. If we were all the same the World be be an incredibly boring place.
    techno retard and blip like this.

OP shops are a great way to make money, if you have the time. There’s one here that was taking donated Jewellery items in and selling them cheap. A retired person joined the team with knowledge. He now sees every piece of jewellery and will sell it back through the correct channels for the shop, at correct value and making heaps for the cause. Coins are another item vetted
    Micky Duck, Ned and caberslash like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

The big thing is don't cry cheap to get a super deal on here then flick it for proper price days later. Thats a bit of a wank and goes against the community spirit.
    People on here are vilified, banned etc for sometime minor discretion concerning the rules on religion, politics, covid etc because it's against the rules even if people are playing nice. Someone usually get sand in the vag big time and it can get nasty.
    Someone tells fibbies to make some money, well to me that's a little worse.
    You haven't hurt someone's tender feelings, you've taken good will and pissed on it.
    Hey you keep it for 6 months and need to sell it, that's different but we have a good thing here with the buy and sell.
    everyone I have ever met or dealt with from here are good buggers and between no trademe fees and other good buggers shifting stuff about as they travel around is a good thing we don't want to ruin.
    The trust factor here is really good.
    And yes I am aware of members that vast majority of posts are buy and sell.
    To them that's all this place is about
    And that's a shame
    Brian, johnd, 308 and 8 others like this.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    The big thing is don't cry cheap to get a super deal on here then flick it for proper price days later. Thats a bit of a wank and goes against the community spirit.
    People on here are vilified, banned etc for sometime minor discretion concerning the rules on religion, politics, covid etc because it's against the rules even if people are playing nice. Someone usually get sand in the vag big time and it can get nasty.
    Someone tells fibbies to make some money, well to me that's a little worse.
    You haven't hurt someone's tender feelings, you've taken good will and pissed on it.
    Hey you keep it for 6 months and need to sell it, that's different but we have a good thing here with the buy and sell.
    everyone I have ever met or dealt with from here are good buggers and between no trademe fees and other good buggers shifting stuff about as they travel around is a good thing we don't want to ruin.
    The trust factor here is really good.
    And yes I am aware of members that vast majority of posts are buy and sell.
    To them that's all this place is about
    And that's a shame
    Here we see the point well explained
    johnd and Micky Duck like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

A lot of forum members sell items here at lower than market value to help out the members of this community, it’s called goodwill.

It’s disappointing when people think there is nothing wrong with turning a profit from someone else’s generosity. It sours the community spirit, which is at the core of what makes this community good.
    Tahr, Makros, Micky Duck and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by -BW- View Post
    A lot of forum members sell items here at lower than market value to help out the members of this community, it’s called goodwill.

It’s disappointing when people think there is nothing wrong with turning a profit from someone else’s generosity. It sours the community spirit, which is at the core of what makes this community good.
    This right here says everything.
    Tahr and johnd like this.

I think if you with intention to resell .then let someone who is going to use it buy first. Of not and it's still there then buy it. Just manners really. If it's still there I don't see a prob with resell if no one wants it.