Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: All in the trigger.....

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    Mate, my groups turn to sheit with a heavy trigger. All of mine are set to 1.2lb, as soon as I jump on someone else's rifle the groups spread out lol
    Must admit I'm curious as to what my triggers are set to now, might have to check but all my tiggers are light
    #DANNYCENT

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    Mate, my groups turn to sheit with a heavy trigger. All of mine are set to 1.2lb, as soon as I jump on someone else's rifle the groups spread out lol
    Yep, without a nice trigger you are certainly making things hard for yourself eh
    Larskramer likes this.

The 75/85/T3 Triggers are all the same (unless a set trigger is ordered ) and will adjust down to 2 pound or therabouts if wound out till it contacts the cap screw then back in till just clear of it.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I run trigger tech gold in my 300 norma, trigger tect red in my 338br and a Elfman professional in my 7mm saum. Prefer the Elfman... maybe just for the trigger blade and the colors lol.. but they all feel and pull the same... like a thin plate of glass.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    The 75/85/T3 Triggers are all the same (unless a set trigger is ordered ) and will adjust down to 2 pound or therabouts if wound out till it contacts the cap screw then back in till just clear of it.
    My Sako has a factory trigger but suspect it's been fiddled by a smith or has an aftermarket spring as it's very very light and passes all the saftey checks.
    Will weigh the pull later today as I'm well curious now
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    My Sako has a factory trigger but suspect it's been fiddled by a smith or has an aftermarket spring as it's very very light and passes all the saftey checks.
    Will weigh the pull later today as I'm well curious now
    One could shorten or replace the grubscrew with a shorter one but I have never bothered.

1.5-2 pounds is a nice weight on a hunting rifle IMHO you can go lighter for sure but with cold frozen fingers lighter than that you cant even feel the trigger let alone the pull

One could shorten or replace the grubscrew with a shorter one but I have never bothered.

1.5-2 pounds is a nice weight on a hunting rifle IMHO you can go lighter for sure but with cold frozen fingers lighter than that you cant even feel the trigger let alone the pull
    With my sako a round is never chambered unless I am lined up on an animal, and then finger does not go inside the trigger guard until it's time to send it, however light it is it's very light and just the way I like it
    veitnamcam likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

GWH

I've just adjusted the trigger on a mates new Tikka, backing the grub screw out to it touched the trigger mounting cap screw didn't get it light enough.

So I removed the trigger mounting cap screw and then the adjustment grub screw, and slightly shortened the hex end on the belt sander.

To the point where the trigger is the desired weight with the screw backed out against the trigger retaining bolt.

So much nicer now, the factory Tikka triggers are pretty good once lightened up.
    veitnamcam, Beaker and Moa Hunter like this.

The joy of choice!
    3 set triggers in the armory and wouldn't mind more.
    Thank fuck tikka triggers are so good to start with!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    Nathan F, veitnamcam, GWH and 3 others like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Well interesting results, now I don't have a fancy pants trigger pull gauge so using the milk bottle, string method both my rifles come in at "bang" on 2lbs gotta admit I was quite supprised as I would have definitely said 1 was heavier than the other. The Sako is a single stage and breaks like glass and I would have picked it for being lighter and the Howa is a 2 stage it also breaks very crisp and if anything it's actually slightly lighter than the Sako but I would've sworn it was heavier.
    These are very rough results bearing in mind the primitive but effective measuring method.
    The Howa is a factory H.A.C.T trigger that I modified, the Sako is a factory A7 trigger that has only ever had the adjustment screw backed out by me in the time I've owned it. Much prefer the single stage I'm still coming to grips with the 2 stage in the Howa.
    I have room to go lighter by bavking the grub screw on the Sako out further but I see no need it's right where I like it
    Funny I would've thought it was much much lighter
    Clearly it works for me
    #DANNYCENT

Told ya
    Moa Hunter and dannyb like this.

you are a big fella....2 lb is not a lot at all.... my winchester model 70 came from factory with trigger so heavy,we found a deer,dug a hole,rammed in a strainer post. wired the rifle to strainer pointing at deer,then went and got D7 bulldozer and hooked winch rope onto trigger ,reved engine and enguaged winch...just before motor stalled it would fire.... 2 tiny adjustments and bingo completely different beast.
    Mooseman, dannyb and Joe_90 like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

YeAh good chat. Another good reason to just get a tikka. Simple grub screw to back right off. I have not measured the pressure required but they are both very light and break like glass. It has helped my shooting and flinch no end.
    Trout, GWH and dannyb like this.

My present tikka,i backed the trigger screw right off when i got it new last yr.Gave the butt a good thump on the floor.Click she went off,so gave the screw a 1/8 turn,couple of thumps on the floor.All good,still a nice lightish trigger pull to break point.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Well interesting results, now I don't have a fancy pants trigger pull gauge so using the milk bottle, string method both my rifles come in at "bang" on 2lbs gotta admit I was quite supprised as I would have definitely said 1 was heavier than the other. The Sako is a single stage and breaks like glass and I would have picked it for being lighter and the Howa is a 2 stage it also breaks very crisp and if anything it's actually slightly lighter than the Sako but I would've sworn it was heavier.
    These are very rough results bearing in mind the primitive but effective measuring method.
    The Howa is a factory H.A.C.T trigger that I modified, the Sako is a factory A7 trigger that has only ever had the adjustment screw backed out by me in the time I've owned it. Much prefer the single stage I'm still coming to grips with the 2 stage in the Howa.
    I have room to go lighter by bavking the grub screw on the Sako out further but I see no need it's right where I like it
    Funny I would've thought it was much much lighter
    Clearly it works for me
    I'm about to have a go at removing the 1st stage of my howa ill let you know how it goes.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    dannyb likes this.