Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Ammo Direct

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Ammo prices

Quote Originally Posted by caberslash View Post
    Or remove intelligence.

Even if you found a way to somehow replicate the 'best'/'match grade' primers from stuff you get over the counter (which you can't, unless you have been watching too much Breaking Bad), the time/effort/money investment would probably work out at more than 10 USD per shot for the first thousand (unless you consider time and effort to be 'free'- it isn't).

Scraping some strike anywhere match heads or cap gun fluff into a mixture which is then poured out onto a spent primer cup that you have knocked flat again, annealed , and reshaped the anvil over, just to make a 'BANG' isn't success in my book.

Better take up archery and bowhunting instead.
    Yes archery may be your best option.
    Or knitting perhaps.
    Overkill is still dead.

Watching those bow shooters on tv at the games last night.Very good out at 60yds? or so.Some shots right on the bull eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Watching those bow shooters on tv at the games last night.Very good out at 60yds? or so.Some shots right on the bull eyes.
    They will shoot everyday,fifty to hundred arrows just to maintain muscle memory etc.it is a skill set that takes a LOT of ongoing efforts.
    Trout likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I had a bow hunter recently who was shooting beer cans at ninety yards consistently.
    Micky Duck, BSA270 and XR500 like this.
    Overkill is still dead.

bow definetly not my cup of tea - I shall make damn sure I have bored sighted really well before doing a check zero to conserve my stocks of centerfire and practice will be .22 rimfire - but really when one looks at a 2-3 days meat trip away with petrol food a few beers ammo is cheapest part
    Trout, Micky Duck and Muttonguts like this.

Flintlock is the way around primer, powder and projectile shortages Barry.
    tetawa likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

if I am careful I have enough to see me out - only shoot odd goats for a curry so not wasting any there - way way to stingy for flint lock just cant be bothered with all the stuffing around - I go out to bring meat home - in saying that a good happy with something like a Remington navy blackpowder revolver yeah had the odd go very enjoyable
    Micky Duck likes this.