Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Long range shooting course

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I have actually written up something similar to this, a basic "everything" guide to LR. Hesitant to post it as I have no "credentials" I can point to.

Bullshit. You should post it.

I have shot with Malcom and Simon Gillice once and found them extremely humble.They didnt say much but boy Malcom just let his 223 do the talking!
    That was one of the shoots that Simon organised for Taihape deer stalkers.
    Once we plyed them with some of the mighty Taihape truth serum did we draw some of their secrets out of them!
    I must say it takes all sorts from large egos dickheads know alls smart bastards funny bastards lip draggers good c%unts you name it but at the end of the day i have enjoyed 99% of the people i have met competitively and learn a shit load as well.
    I am lucky as i can go and shoot at work pinging magpies hares rabbits and the odd sqawking bird so it does not worry me just shooting 20 shots for the day at a small comp.
    There are arguments for both sides but if you dont have a go you will never know.
    I wanted to try marriage so did that the other day, I have never been divorced so at least i can try that now if the need arises!
    See you at the next central north island gong shoot that me and plilipo are supposed to be organising!
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

I have actually written up something similar to this, a basic "everything" guide to LR. Hesitant to post it as I have no "credentials" I can point to.
    post it Gimp always good to read someone else s ideas .The thing is plenty here know how to do most things but many don't and they will learn from it and of course it can always be added to !!

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    I wanted to try marriage so did that the other day, I have never been divorced so at least i can try that now if the need arises!

-Have you read KIWIGREG's forum signature line?

Ps. Congratulations on getting hitched

Spent many a messy night at kcs and the cook and a couple of others,used to love docking in dunners. If a man with a wallet full of cash cant pull a root in dunners there is no hope

Post it up Gimp.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I'll do it up as a PDF and post it when I'm back home next, it's on my laptop and I've only got iPad here. Much of it is influenced by Norway's method

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    I suggest you stay away from the subject reloading ;D

Hahaha good call

Something that Norway has done on film that I enjoy alot is foliage movement and different wind strengths -its great to be able to visulize these things and go to the field and watch and call wind

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    -Have you read KIWIGREG's forum signature line?

Ps. Congratulations on getting hitched
    I certainly have and more than a touch of truth to it i suspect!
    Philipo came and made sure ther was a forum presence at the subsequent piss up for my birthday slash wedding and got appropiatly rat faced
    Next shoot we will book some decent weather as 23 mph at a thousand was a bit of a challenge!
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

I never had a printer. Writing it on a bit of paper worked. Now I've got fancy made-in-excel ones.

I'll do it up as a PDF and post it when I'm back home next, it's on my laptop and I've only got iPad here.
    Do that and in accordance with the tall poppy syndrome we'll prepare to club you down as best we can

youd better not make it to good gimp or watch out

Tall poppy syndrome (TPS) is a pejorative term primarily used in New Zealand's south Island to describe a social phenomenon in which people of genuine merit are resented, attacked, cut down, or criticized because their talents or achievements elevate them above or distinguish them from their peers.

I know, there was a hint of humour. "Prepare to shrug it off and do your thing Gimp" was the message. It doesn't matter who you are or how nice you are, there will ALWAYS be a fair percentage that doesn't like you. The trick is not paying to much intention to them, but rather focus on the rest.

You don't picnic right next to the only dog turd in the park do you?

I doubt there will be a single negative comment ,and I for one look forward to reading gimps analysis

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    youd better not make it to good gimp or watch out

Tall poppy syndrome (TPS) is a pejorative term primarily used in New Zealand's south Island to describe a social phenomenon in which people of genuine merit are resented, attacked, cut down, or criticized because their talents or achievements elevate them above or distinguish them from their peers.
    If you seriously describe yourself like the above, it is no wonder. Hilarious!