Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Ammo Direct

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I run a 1:8 T3 which I’ve cut back to 20 inches & find it my go to rifle amongst the cabinet. It even has a Stug carbon fibre stock!

I’ve been running Sierra 55 gr projectiles with 26 gr of AR2206H for the past few years where accuracy has been awesome & kills goats, Fallow & the 60 odd Sika I’ve shot with it perfectly.

I had a play with some 55 gr Hornady SP’s but couldn’t get them to group well with AR2206H but with 25 gr of BM2 they shoot great... they even shoot to the same point of impact as the Sierras!

Both of the above loads shoot to the same point of impact with or without the suppressor (DPT)

Recently I’ve been playing with some 63 gr Sierras & settled on a load 25 gr of AR2206H but I’ve only shot a handful of goats but accuracy is giving me clover leaf groupings at 100 mtrs & im yet to shoot a deer but will in due course

I’ve also had a little play with some 69 gr Sierras where from memory I had best results with BM2, accuracy was just under an inch but I needed to play some more & tweak the loads

As for powders I’ve tried AR2206H, BM2 & CFE223 powders in the .223 with good results though I typically just use BM2 & AR2206H as my preferred choice. A good mate swears by AR2208 in his .222 & .223 rifles.

Either way stick with the 1:8 twist barrel but I’m loving my T3