Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Torque specs for tikka rings?? Scope sliding backwards

Those are ranger rings, a copy of the Tikka ones. I had a set of those on my PRC, what a balls up. Throw them in the bin, far away from your rifle. They caused me nothing but problems, each time I went to the range I had to re zero. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on, went to take the rings off and the screws were loose. They were torqued to 18 inch pounds with blue locktite, still came loose.

Throw them in the bin and get something else, I replaced mine with a second hand set of Talley's and never looked back, no more re zeroing just happy shooting and confidence that when I finally get the time to get out for a hunt, my rifle will be on point. It may seem like an extra cost buying replacement rings, but for all the mucking around and ammo you'll use during the process of trying cheap fixes, you're better off replacing them, sighting in one last time and then being happy. Let us know how you get on

@308Neil any progress report?
    75/15/10 black powder matters

@308Neil I have a pair of stainless finish tikka optilocks with locking lug, all parts there 25mm rings $200 good condition pm me if you like. Cheers

No updates yet. Rifle is good enough for the bush as is and not doing too much hunting at the moment. Will let you know when I change something and go to the range!
    Micky Duck likes this.