Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Colfo Announce Firearms Registry Review

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Not very sporting but I've been thinking about how to set up something like that too.... some kind of deer trap or pit to corral them until I'm ready, rather than knocking them over on their terms. They're pests here.

Speaking of pits, the very first time I saw deer damage on this farm was about 15 years ago, I had dug a pit and lined it with plastic to use it to brew fermented biofertilizer. I'd just got the pit dug and lined with plastic, came back in the morning and the lining had deer print holes all through it. Flaming animal had either jumped or fallen into the pit and made a series of nice holes through the lining on the way out. That was the end of that idea.
    Flick me a pm if you want some ideas Ben
    I've built some very successful deer traps.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

Yep, thats a way forwards. You only need one in the trap and the rest will stay near that one if they aren't frightened off. If you park it somewhere away from what you don't want deer around double the saving on labour - one on chasing them and two on fixing up the damage...

Wandering off the original intent of the thread there chaps. Bit of a stretch from crims with illegally obtained guns to trapping deer.....

The military semi-auto-sport (no idea what it's Really called ) is apparently coming-back under Pistol-Regulations , which if I remember-correctly , is exactly what people asked the last Govt to do, instead of banning them across-the-board as they did . Watch this-space I guess

Semi auto sporting rifle? No such animal as a semi auto military rifle unless it's big calibres...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Not very sporting but I've been thinking about how to set up something like that too.... some kind of deer trap or pit to corral them until I'm ready, rather than knocking them over on their terms. They're pests here.

Speaking of pits, the very first time I saw deer damage on this farm was about 15 years ago, I had dug a pit and lined it with plastic to use it to brew fermented biofertilizer. I'd just got the pit dug and lined with plastic, came back in the morning and the lining had deer print holes all through it. Flaming animal had either jumped or fallen into the pit and made a series of nice holes through the lining on the way out. That was the end of that idea.
    The simplest I saw was dependent on contour but basically the cocky had run his deer fence into the side of an almost vertical face and started again on the other side the same way
    It might mean scratching into the side of a slope with a digger first

Deer could come down the slope and into the fenced area but not out