Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Follow up to pump action Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    In a Kafkaesque way that's actually pretty funny

These guys couldn't tell the difference between a doughnut and their own arsehole
    Do they, the FSA, exclusively employ non-FAL holders?!?
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by ojc2 View Post
    No joke, I registered a belt fed auto, online you have the option of detachable magazine, or internal magazine... then you have to have a round count. So I rang them and said it is neither a detachable or internal magazine, they asked the round capacity and I said between 1 and 500 depending on how many links I connect, they told me to enter the belt as a prohibited magazine, so I asked which of the 500 links am I to serialize, that had them stumped. I then informed them that I would under no circumstances be registering it as a prohibited magazine as I do not hold an endorsement allowing me to possess them and don't need a 5am wake up visit one day, nor is a belt considered a magazine by law. So now my belt fed auto is registered as a light machinegun with an internal magazine that has a grand capacity of one whole round of ammunition
    Um, just wow. I wonder how many times this has happened...

The wag in me would like to suggest that you might have sold yourself short, as 500 rounds seems to be an arbitrarily small number for a linked belt that is potentially endless haha. I recall as a pisstake linking three 500 round belts of 5.56 back in the day.