Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Gunsmithing under threat?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch73 View Post
    a trade in required to be able to buy, and sell that to the next customer. I think my wife submitted that idea to the FSA!
    Is she still your wife?
    woods223 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch73 View Post
    a trade in required to be able to buy, and sell that to the next customer. I think my wife submitted that idea to the FSA!
    Wtf so how does someone new legally get into the sport

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    Wtf so how does someone new legally get into the sport
    Find someone agreeable to making one gun into two, by cutting a SxS in half lengthways, would take a bit of skill to get the kink right in the cut at the triggers, certainly not as easy as it would be to do sideways cuts.
    Not sure how a gunsmith would cope with that scenario if they were only allowed to have one firearm in play at any given moment, if that rule were in play, that idea probably wouldn't work.

How do you get on with something like a Rossi that has interchangeable barrels? They originally shipped with 3 options.
    Happy Jack.

Is it the Mauser that has barrel and bolt setups that are serial numbered and the receiver (aka the "master part") isn't numbered at all? That one has created kittens for a few people so far.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Is it the Mauser that has barrel and bolt setups that are serial numbered and the receiver (aka the "master part") isn't numbered at all? That one has created kittens for a few people so far.
    It's the Blasers. They are nightmares as they don't follow the standard trend of the receiver being the serialised part but rather the barrel. It's just a big mess.
    No.3 likes this.

over here, over there, either here, or there
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    It's the Blasers. They are nightmares as they don't follow the standard trend of the receiver being the serialised part but rather the barrel. It's just a big mess.
    A mess that was not created by us, but by "people" who seem to think they know everything about firearms. NOT.
    Last edited by no1_49er; 15-06-2024 at 08:22 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    How do you get on with something like a Rossi that has interchangeable barrels? They originally shipped with 3 options.
    When going through the registration process recently, I explained I had several rifles with multiple barrels (various calibres). The dude on the phone had to go and get it clarified, but stated to register it with the barrel “that is the most powerful calibre”. They would make a note of the other calibres in the details of that firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by gqhoon View Post
    When going through the registration process recently, I explained I had several rifles with multiple barrels (various calibres). The dude on the phone had to go and get it clarified, but stated to register it with the barrel “that is the most powerful calibre”. They would make a note of the other calibres in the details of that firearm.

That makes me wonder if there's a plan to ban the more powerful calibres at a later date like in some parts of OZ. Maybe in that instance register the rifle with the smallest calibre barrel so if the biggest calibre gets banned only the barrel gets taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    They probably still ship with three barrels everywhere else, price gouging NZ import and retail just separate them out. Lol

Maybe they fear some fal holders are better equiped than the police or armed forces