Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: A heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    To be clear. If that phone call from family member contained red flag terms or phrases...yeah well fair enough to FIND OUT what the situation is to be on safer than safe side. Mental health needs looking after.
    The ultimate plan is to arrange for alternative accomodation for said young person in case it comes to popo turning up for your guns. Tell them in that case to give him/her/they a lift to the new address, clothes will follow.

It should not come to that as it will make popo think twice.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    the issue here tho is not the FAL holder it is someone who resides with them , now the FAL holder has proven over many years that he is fit and proper and takes their security seriously follows the law rgarding access and security to the tee and yet some pencil pushing person (a sworm officer) not qualified to make assessmemts on mental health sitting in some office in wellington will arbitrarily decide that even tho you have met all the security criteria and then some and you are fit and proper law abiding , he will with a stroke of a pen remove your firearms.... under the threat of "if you dont comply we will temporarily suspend your licence" now dont be fooled when they say this when you speak to an arms officer they will tell you temorary suspension ALWAYS leads to revokation. bear in mind this is all done over the phone (by glorified telemarketers) if you ask for it in writing or ask for the name of the guy making the decision you will be told "not until you agree to comply then we will send something in writing" and when that written copy arrives they will have added a whole lot more restrictions you hadnt agreed to
    After reading the Ops post, right you are.

If the person who they are concerned about does not have access to the firearms and they are stored securely, then while it may warrant a discussion with the LFAO to be mindful of their situation and perhaps pay more attention to securty rather than trust the person wont try, then I dont have an issue with it. Also if someone in my household was having issues that needed assistance I would look to store my firearms offsite anyway without having to be asked. If Plod then visits and states they dont want firearms onsite the response is - Yup- Already stored elsewhere. All good, nothing to see here, move along now.....

If you pre empt being asked these things and err on the side of caution, when they get stroppy they lose all their ammo so to speak and they no longer have an argument to present...
    Seventenths, BRADS and RV1 like this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

lets get this clear -beyond rudimentary mental health training GPs etc are not qualified to diagnose mental health illnesses .to clarify if you or your rellies start revealing verbal or physical matters of concern re your life then and only then can the GP act .
    Ive been down this road witrh ACC wh ilst Iwas working in mental health .after a particularly traumatic incident i was placed on stress leave and ACC of course wanted me back on the job .
    My locum GP and counsellor both told then they were not qualified to make any decisions re my mental fitnessand that was that .actually i took things into my own hands and resolved the matter -how well thats my secret.

secondly -as a practising psychiatric nurse i had on two occasions cause to believe FALOs were actively suicidal and at such risk revocation of such licenses and removal of FAL was required.
    THEN METAL HEWALTH ACT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT REMOVAL OF FIREARMS LICENSE ONLY DRIVING LICENSE .the latter in fact may be reinstated if one comes off the act and passes an assessment.
    following a cxdiscussion with my employers legal counsel action was taken .
    turns out license was handed in to cops years prior and firearm was a broken down air pistol .

sadly a wee while late a 12g shell in a b it of galv pipe into his vice and with hammer and nail he terminated proceedings.

my other action was thwarted by rellies and local copper-an agreement to remove the license while episode in progess -dont tell anyone .
    broke my bloody heart when I read the blokes death notice and was later informed following disagreement with a family member a.270 self inflicted ended it!

If FSA or the boys in blue think confiscation is the answer then their shoes will stay dry pissing into a norwester ,judging by the way miscreants are culling those who they dont like.

BTW advertised yesterday another left wing antis whinge fest h to be hosted in chch by none other than the oppositions police spokesman .
    dogmatix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    lets get this clear -beyond rudimentary mental health training GPs etc are not qualified to diagnose mental health illnesses .to clarify if you or your rellies start revealing verbal or physical matters of concern re your life then and only then can the GP act .
    Ive been down this road witrh ACC wh ilst Iwas working in mental health .after a particularly traumatic incident i was placed on stress leave and ACC of course wanted me back on the job .
    My locum GP and counsellor both told then they were not qualified to make any decisions re my mental fitnessand that was that .actually i took things into my own hands and resolved the matter -how well thats my secret.

secondly -as a practising psychiatric nurse i had on two occasions cause to believe FALOs were actively suicidal and at such risk revocation of such licenses and removal of FAL was required.
    THEN METAL HEWALTH ACT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT REMOVAL OF FIREARMS LICENSE ONLY DRIVING LICENSE .the latter in fact may be reinstated if one comes off the act and passes an assessment.
    following a cxdiscussion with my employers legal counsel action was taken .
    turns out license was handed in to cops years prior and firearm was a broken down air pistol .

sadly a wee while late a 12g shell in a b it of galv pipe into his vice and with hammer and nail he terminated proceedings.

my other action was thwarted by rellies and local copper-an agreement to remove the license while episode in progess -dont tell anyone .
    broke my bloody heart when I read the blokes death notice and was later informed following disagreement with a family member a.270 self inflicted ended it!

If FSA or the boys in blue think confiscation is the answer then their shoes will stay dry pissing into a norwester ,judging by the way miscreants are culling those who they dont like.

BTW advertised yesterday another left wing antis whinge fest h to be hosted in chch by none other than the oppositions police spokesman .
    That's another of the can't like but it really should be liked posts...

MB
    Just to be clear, general practitioners are not required to make a diagnosis of mental illnesses illness, but they do have to report concerns.

Through my profession I work in a confidential space with people. In that space I have from time to time had individuals threaten to harm themselves or to harm others - with and without firearms.
    My professional duty of care goes beyond the confidentiality and I have reported some of these instances after I have objectively assessed the seriousness of the threat.
    Not exclusively to the Police, but on more than one occasion to the police. I haven't been privy to the outcome.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Through my profession I work in a confidential space with people. In that space I have from time to time had individuals threaten to harm themselves or to harm others - with and without firearms.
    My professional duty of care goes beyond the confidentiality and I have reported some of these instances after I have objectively assessed the seriousness of the threat.
    Not exclusively to the Police, but on more than one occasion to the police. I haven't been privy to the outcome.
    @Tahr

Ever had any back-lash from those you reported?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    @Tahr

Ever had any back-lash from those you reported?
    No. It's mainly been self harm and I manage it with them.
    The people who have threatened others I have terminated the process, told them why I have terminated, and sometimes reported to the Police, and never seen the person again.
    The contract that the people sign with me has a clause in it allowing me to terminate and report "where people or property might be harmed or damaged".
    Mostly these things are said in the heat of the moment so it requires some enquiry, analysis and judgement to decide if the threat is real.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi