Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Police arrest 2 for firearms offences - Feilding

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    nope Sue Bradford forever changed that from being OK..... and I shall say no more on that particular subject.....
    Oh don't get me started on her and that little gem of legislation Mr Duck............I can feel my blood pressure rising already with the mere thought of it
    Micky Duck likes this.

Remember reading 50 odd years ago one of the British colonised Island's was suffering from 'a section of society's' bad behaviour - and none of the usual punishments worked. So, they put the 'malfeasant's' in headstocks and publicly birched them.
    That was The Isle of Man in 1976, the 'Birching Law' was repealed in 1993.

And it worked - crims found it painful and humiliating, and crying in public did their criminal status no good.
    The criminal activities it was designed to combat ........... ceased.

"Birching" - a birch rod applied to the buttocks ........ and if it's anything like I experienced at school - it hurts.

"Humiliation" - is the abasement of pride which creates mortification due to being humbled.
    Micky Duck likes this.

I forgot to mention 'ridicule' ................. once you've 'ridiculed' someone, or have been 'ridiculed' yourself - then it's pretty hard to live that down - because someone somewhere knows you've been 'ridiculed'.

"Hey, did ya hear about the time he got ridiculed ?"
    "Yeah, I heard he moved three towns to get away from it."
    "Poor bugger ............... "

Prison doesn't ridicule anyone - public humiliation does.

"Hey, aren't you the bloke who got publicly birched ?"
    "Yes I was, but I didn't cry."
    "Fuck off - I saw you whimper."
    "Did not."
    "Did."
    "I'll give you a thump."
    "Pussy whimperer ............"

That's about how that goes - I would imagine.

Prior to Public Birching they had Public Hanging ............. history has a lot to teach us.
    Last edited by SF90; 01-03-2023 at 12:34 PM. Reason: missed something
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Kiwi View Post
    Singapore has it sorted.
    A public lashing on the bare buttocks with a rattan cane (wielded by a big man who doesn't hold back on the effort).
    Seems that very few people ever reoffend again.
    It's done by a machine these days, so there's no favouritism
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

but...but...but... Karen and the kumbyah brigade would have to attend with aloe scented tissues to whipe away the tears and offer multiple counsiling sessions with XYZ gender neutral, PC approved, vegan, rainbow coloured lessons on life and how best to apply for multiple benifits from multiple government departments so the need for crime will be dissapated in future.
    and the birch can would have to be sourced from 100% carbon neutral ,organic hydroponic (but not using water) grown native nursery ,run by indigenous peoples from the tribe of origin ,of the poor soul about to be smacked for being naughty's great grand mothers on both sides of the family tree(is that even a term these days?) and it would have to have been seasoned in a solar powered kiln along with hemp seed liniment to ease the pain during said correction therapy .
    and ..and ...and you would have to have multiple agencies involved in planning the commities to study the implications from a health and safety angle for the application of said birch twitch, it would need to be studied in depth to assertain the most optimal weight and velocity so the person of neutral race and gender applying said birtch twitch didnt strain any muscles,ther would also have to be committee to assertain what councilling would be appropriate for the poor soul whos occupation is now being violent in applying said birch switch..
    OH jolly my head hurts just contemplating the possibilities...maybe we should just release the poor soul back to whatever rock they crawled out from under with a taxpayer subsidised bag of organic weed to sooth the hurt feelings???
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It's done by a machine these days, so there's no favouritism
    could we hook it up to higher voltage to increase effectiveness????
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Or you could get hold of Wally Coe from Taita College, who back in the early sixties quite publicly humiliated me ........

Wally wasn't that popular, a bit of a nerd and I was gaining 'browny points' with a bird I fancied by ridiculing him.
    Quite unfairly, in my opinion - Wally grabbed my finger and bent it back ...........
    "Do you concede ?"
    "Fucks sake Wally ......"
    "DO YOU CONCEDE."

And I conceded .........

"LOUDER."

And I conceded LOUDLY, and when I looked at my bird again she was looking at someone else.

True story that from around 1962 - I've never forgotten it, and I'm sure there's others who haven't either.
    And it's because of that I never attended a school reunion ............

"Remember that time the nerd nearly made you cry ?"

I could probably get free counselling for that ....................