Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Ammo Direct

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849
Like Tree872Likes

Thread: Useing the firearms register

Name:  IMG_4410.jpeg
Views: 295
Size:  266.3 KB yahoo
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I had to use the registry recently. Was holding off for as long as I could. But the inevitable happened and and I had to.
    Online was relatively simple. They just haven't made it very streamlined for listing a number then submitting all at once. Instead you have to answer all their bloody legal disclaimers etc everytime you enter 1.
    And of course the wildcat cals aren't recognized so you have to ring them anyway.
    1st fella I got really couldn't be bothered and was a right cock to say the least. I ended up hanging up on him.
    Next time I rung the guy was very helpful but it did take a while as their database didn't have what I have.
    And also as a side note, any transfers of ownership can only be done if you ring them.
    And the seller has to initiate the transfer, not the purchaser.
    After talking with the fella for a bit it was very obvious, he even said it, they really have no idea what they're doing as its all so new and is going to be a clusterf**k
    veitnamcam, Fatberg and 30.06king like this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Thanks for the update. I think...

Greetings,
    I see that the discussion document is out for Rifle Ranges. It seems to be a long way from the open slather that operated prior to 2020.
    GPM.

If it is focused on public and firearms user safety, easing the operational burden on the volunteers that run the clubs and range committees and allows range officers greater protection to do their work in keeping the ranges operating and improving the general skill base across the firearms user groups what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    If it is focused on public and firearms user safety, easing the operational burden on the volunteers that run the clubs and range committees and allows range officers greater protection to do their work in keeping the ranges operating and improving the general skill base across the firearms user groups what's not to like?
    Greetings,
    I agree. It is about what I expected. The responsibility for Range Safety will rest with the committees and office holders. The National organisations setting the Range Standing Orders is what happens now on NRA ranges.
    GPM.