Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree1011Likes

Thread: Useing the firearms register

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Well was talking to nice fella today up side of a mountain and mentioned something I firmly believe we as a nation LOST when the old register got canned... We lost two good,positive interactions per purchase,with police. I vividly recall going with dad to get permit to procure?? Then to sports shop to get gun,then back to see nice man in blue again. That was possibly fourtyfive years ago and one of MY first interactions with police. Online may be all fandangled fancy but face to face is better and more positive. We have bugger all good,positive interactions with each other anymore and that saddens me somewhat.
    I did that when I sold my istold many years ago. About 5 years later I get a nasty phone call asking where they are.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I visited the local constabulary this morning to verify my license to get access to my firearms list online.
    The lady behind the counter made comment " I don't even know why they have to do this. Real Me verifies everything at the start"
    Coz we do, coz we do...

Well was talking to nice fella today up side of a mountain and mentioned something I firmly believe we as a nation LOST when the old register got canned... We lost two good,positive interactions per purchase,with police. I vividly recall going with dad to get permit to procure?? Then to sports shop to get gun,then back to see nice man in blue again. That was possibly fourtyfive years ago and one of MY first interactions with police. Online may be all fandangled fancy but face to face is better and more positive. We have bugger all good,positive interactions with each other anymore and that saddens me somewhat.
    I couldn't concur more Micky Duck..... We have almost zero interaction these days. Everything's done online or if its not, its self service at the checkout, self service at the petrol Pump, hell, we can't even bank our own cash anymore. It has to be done at a hole in the wall. Paywave can be done without any eye contact. I lament life as it was in my generation.

Well I got to visit with forumite birthday boy and his lovely wife today.just to say hello and share a cuppa.spent half an hour on phone to another forumite this morning,he was just checking in on me... There still are good people around who appreciate real conversation.long may it stay that way.and another phone call from forumite just checking in. Your good huas and I thank you.
    Last edited by Micky Duck; 22-08-2024 at 05:07 PM.
    jusepy81, Ranger 888 and csmiffy like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

And you could carry your firearm openly back to HQ to register it, free from the smell of soiled undies.

Hi guys,
    I haven't deal with the register as yet (likely coming in a couple of months when I look at a new rifle) but I got to reading and came across this. For those who have registered can you let me know what sort of information is needed for "Details of the locations approved by the Police for the secure storage of arms items and ammunition that the license holder possesses"? Is this just the address?
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Hi guys,
    I haven't deal with the register as yet (likely coming in a couple of months when I look at a new rifle) but I got to reading and came across this. For those who have registered can you let me know what sort of information is needed for "Details of the locations approved by the Police for the secure storage of arms items and ammunition that the license holder possesses"? Is this just the address?
    My latest dealings with regard to storage was when I was asked over the phone how I had my firearms secured.
    I had changed address 5 years ago but despite two attempts to let them know no one had contacted me to inspect my security. The different address when I registered must had woken them up.
    I was contacted by FSA and after being asked about my security and describing my gun cabinet, the woman I was speaking to said "I guess that sounds ok, we won't bother sending anyone out to have a look at it". Make of that what you will.
    Gillie and Micky Duck like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    My latest dealings with regard to storage was when I was asked over the phone how I had my firearms secured.
    I had changed address 5 years ago but despite two attempts to let them know no one had contacted me to inspect my security. The different address when I registered must had woken them up.
    I was contacted by FSA and after being asked about my security and describing my gun cabinet, the woman I was speaking to said "I guess that sounds ok, we won't bother sending anyone out to have a look at it". Make of that what you will.
    So more than just the address then - description of security and safe as well.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

That will come in handy for crims when data gets leaked. Not only will they know what firearms they're targeting and at what address, but also what tools to bring!

Maybe. Who knows. I don't think it is a universally agreed process. I am a way out of town too so they probably couldn't be bothered coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatberg View Post
    That will come in handy for crims when data gets leaked. Not only will they know what firearms they're targeting and at what address, but also what tools to bring!
    They won't have to bring tools. I have them all here.
    They will have to get past the dogs first though.
    308 and Hugh Shields like this.

If you are not on the firearms register and you buy a rifle of someone who is on it can you get on the register and just register that rifle and leave the ones you already own for a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Steffan View Post
    If you are not on the firearms register and you buy a rifle of someone who is on it can you get on the register and just register that rifle and leave the ones you already own for a later date.
    Once you have a activation event you have 30 days to register all of your firearms.....so short answer no
    Steffan likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    I visited the local constabulary this morning to verify my license to get access to my firearms list online.
    The lady behind the counter made comment " I don't even know why they have to do this. Real Me verifies everything at the start"
    Coz we do, coz we do...
    I believe that it is to do with the fact that the local man views the form and puts a stamp on it, which means that the form is then 'verified' and I'm assuming that the person at the station then takes the form and sends it through internal mail down to Wellington - I guess it's a way that they can say that the 'right' person was approved to have access to the system. A JP signature does the same thing though in regards to verifying the form and person are the same subject matter?

Due to an activating event this morning and as I was only sitting in the sun prepping brass for said activator I bit the bullet and phoned the FSA (pun intended) half an hour to do 18.five minutes of that was on hold for the next available.and four statements to agree to.All pretty painless.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out