Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: A little WTF moment

I would suggest may need a lot of testing to see at what range they did not blow dents in iron

Quote Originally Posted by Dan.22-250 View Post
    Might potentially be useful for getting rid of pigeons/starlings in a shed without putting holes all through the tin.
    Firing them inside a tin shed... Would sound like your in an xylophone....
    308 likes this.

As I think about this the one point that comes to mind is this: Just because we cannot think of a legitimate use, it does not mean there isn't one, and if you have a legitimate use for it then you should be allowed to buy it if you desire....If you get caught with a bunch and you do not have a legitimate use / reason then the authorities may well take a dim view of that, but if you are not doing anything illegal they can view it however they want but cannot do much....But do something illegal with it and I can see a myriad of problems coming your way. These are the decision that fit and proper people are expected to make in a fit and proper way...

If someone wanted to spend their money shooting rubber buck at a wrecked car or target, who am I to say no.....In the same vein I do not like semi auto rifles because they are not 'my thing', but I will stand up and say that anyone else who wants to use one should absolutley be allowed to use one if they are doing so ina legal manner....
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Just for shits and giggles, you and me Pengy dressed in heavy great coats with safety glasses and a helmets. We start at opposite ends of my back paddock facing each other and go shot for shot taking one step forward between shots until one of us cries and then the loser changes his forum handle to Rubber Blubberer. Nah I don’t really know what they are for.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Dare you to do it in your undies
    Pengy likes this.

If dad couldnt reach dave wirh the shovel well, one of these might have the same effwct. ( old buggers will know what old
    joke I refer to
    sharps no 1 likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Do tell Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    A mate at work mentioned seeing these for sale
    https://www.guncity.com/fiocchi-12ga...-rounds-243900

I cant think of a legit use for them in NZ, so guess I am missing something ?
    Its no different to seeing "defence" ammunition on the shelves in stores now

Bear and coyote and other wildlife deterrent, the "bear scare guys", (what a Job), shot and haze black bears, on our local industrial site's, with bear bangers, rubber balls,

I worked for a French farm manager in Silverdale who told me that some farmers in France would fill shotgun shells with wheatgerm and shoot poachers with it. He told me it would germinate just under the skin and apparently was a real bastard to get all the small roots out. Mind you he also told me some of them would get a bulls dick and hang a bucket of water on it ( after it's been removed from the bull) and twist it as it dried to make a stock stick might have been a cock and bull story but he seemed serious telling it at the time ( which was when the rainbow warrior was bombed which didn't endear me to him and more than he had won me over with his charming personality )

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    I worked for a French farm manager in Silverdale who told me that some farmers in France would fill shotgun shells with wheatgerm and shoot poachers with it. He told me it would germinate just under the skin and apparently was a real bastard to get all the small roots out. Mind you he also told me some of them would get a bulls dick and hang a bucket of water on it ( after it's been removed from the bull) and twist it as it dried to make a stock stick might have been a cock and bull story but he seemed serious telling it at the time ( which was when the rainbow warrior was bombed which didn't endear me to him and more than he had won me over with his charming personality )
    The bulls dick one is true they make great stock sticks

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Those older fellas from South Africa will remember the ' snot neus' single barrel guns. They fired an assortment of projectiles. One of them been 40mm rubber bullets. The trick was to have the rubber bullet hit the ground in front of the receptive and then rely on the ricochet to do it's business. I'm told that AA batteries would fit the cases too...probably bullshit though.

AA batteries fit 20 gauge muzzle loading shotties. I used them as a wee tacker to tip over goats. Quite brutal at shotgun ranges.
    7mmsaum, Pengy and outlander like this.

Would that count as "GREEN" environmentally friendly battery powered pest control ?
    timattalon and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    the bulls dick bit is true involved wieght to stretch it to