Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Kennel vs private

didnt feel it was aimed at me at all.... reread what you posted...... reread what I posted.....
    yes breeders who HAVE HEART IN RIGHT PLACE do try to achieve good outcome,unfortunately there are far too many puppy farms and puppy farmers out there....
    only have myself to blame but we got stung...had wondeful dog who went blind far too young so couldnt do what his heart screamed at him to do.... when I told breeder about the health issues he offered me another from different litter EXACT SAME PARENTS....... that spoke volumes to me about backyard puppy farmers.agree 100% if you go to reputable breeder and get dog with papers you are setting yourself up with good chance of successfully getting what you are after.... but we both know even then things can be not quite as desired....some dogs just dont hunt.....some have health issues....some just dont match owner personality wise.
    where ever you get pup from one thing is a certainty...you will have that bundle of love for a decade or more so better make sure you know what you want before going and looking,once you see n smell pup....and definately if wife n kids do...one will be going home with you.

HOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    This thread sums up NZ hunting dog culture - the guy is asking where the better GSP's come from, and everyone's recommending him a farm dog cross without knowing the intended usage.

My advice is pick the breeder. Warwick Rapley in Kiokio and Gale Blankley in Auckland spring to mind for GSPs. Visit both and make your own mind up.
    Know of any breeders in the South Island?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry HOO, I don't. Doesn't mean they're not out there though. I recommended the two above as a starting point for you, both are quite different kennels, with different genetics and breeding objectives, but you might find one suits you better than the other. Remember you'll be feeding this dog for 15 years, it pays to start with the best-bred pup possible for your needs. Good luck
    Micky Duck and HOO like this.