Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree7740Likes

Thread: Photos of your dog

I think those of us that have lost dogs are all feeling the feels mate. I had to refrain from reminiscing as well

Yea thats a bit rough. Our wee girl got hit by a stock truck. We are always vigilant about closing the gate and whoever comes home last always shuts the gate for the night but Mrs forgot the night it happened, I can't blame her (although she's beaten herself up something silly over it) she's been working flat out all day every day for a a couple of months now and tiredness gets the best of us at times. She let the dogs out for a run round at about 8pm and we were sitting on the couch watching farming videos on YouTube (weirdos aye... go farming all day then watch videos of it at home haha) and we got a knock on the door which was strange that time of night but my mind instantly went to the dogs... young fella that was behind the truck had come back as the truck couldn't stop near our place, his mate was holding her on the side of the road, she was unconscious but still breathing, she was pretty messed up though, not bloody or anything horrible but I could feel her head was soft and one whole side of her was like jelly. Was bloody horrible as I knew the appropriate course of action and a trip into town to the vet for her final rights risked her becoming conscious and suffering so had to do the right thing. Bloody hard. The wee bugger really had me wrapped around her little finger I never thought it would be so hard losing a dog that was only 4 months old but it's rocked both of us. Driver of the truck was pretty shaken up, the young fella went down and told him what had happened as he pulled over further down the road where it was safe to do so. He wanted to come back and apologize but he didn't have anything to apologize for.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Oh that' so rough. Accidents can happen so quickly. So sorry for your loss Ryan.
    "Death - our community's number one killer"

Bloody hell @Ryan_Songhurst and @gonetropo what terribly sad stories! I'm sitting here in The Woolshed in Reikorangi doing a safety plan for a complex, close proximity shoot I gotta do for a retirement village and you fellas have practically got me in tears! Four months! Man that sucks and I've done the final trip to the vet with Bella, our 14 year old black lab who had a stroke. Man that sucked! Peace be with you, and especially your wife Ryan.

The little buggers are so fast when there is an opening! Our Rosie did the dash the other day. She got out onto the (quite) road and was doing figures of 8 on a tee intersection, thinking she was so fricken cleaver!!!!! I was shitty myself! No harm done though.

I'll finish on a more light hearted, somewhat comical note..... Uncle Des was out walking his morbidly obess fat lap dog in Blenheim, on one of those free running, retractable leads. Dumb dog decided to bolt across the road at a cat. Uncle Des got befuddled and wasn't fast enough on the STOP button. WHACK! Car runs over the dog! Stone cold DEAD! It's hard to walk a dead dog home on a lead, wether it is retractable or not! (Go on laugh! You know you shouldn't, but I laugh every time I think of it! "Dead dog walking!") Christ life can be cruel.

I'm going to give Rosie an extra cuddle (and a rabbit) when I get home! Yup, she is under my skin!
    "Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it!" Breaker Morant